Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Colorado Outfitter................. >

Colorado Outfitter.................

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Colorado Outfitter.................

Old 08-08-2005, 12:07 PM

Default RE: Colorado Outfitter.................

You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the help (even got some pointers via e-mail). I think I'm gonna go ahead and book the trespass hunt for next year in CO. I figure starting out in a controlled environment (private land) will help me get my feet wet, and then follow up with a DIY hunt in the coming years. I will probably be going by myself so a first year DIY hunt is a little intimidating in strange territory. Thanks again!!!
Old 08-15-2005, 01:47 PM

I am an outfitter in SW Colorado, we have a highpopulation of QUALITY elk with a good success rate. Here's some options:We offer a drop camp for $1200/hunter; fully guided 2-1, for $3200. If you are totally doing DIY, we also have pack-out services. While a DIY hunt is good, even if you know the area, the problemis getting away from the other DIY hunters and into areas with little pressure and big bulls. The next problem is getting out with your BIG BULL, this is where an outfitter can really help.
An outfitter not only guides you to quality areas but does all the work for you.
Contact us for more information on our services or just to talk HUNTING!
[email protected] or 970-749-9695
Old 08-15-2005, 03:58 PM

Don't want to take away from buglemn but try TenderFoot Outfitter out of Gunnison.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:21 PM

...Last year I and another hunter booked with "Rocky mnt. Ranches"...larry Bishop... and had a great hunt, it was a deal where you pay a tresspass fee, they give you the 'tour' on the first day and then you are on your own.. it was a great time, we did not get any elk, but the 2 other guys assigned to our area did... we liked being on our own, it should have been a great hunt, last 5 day season.. but the weather turned bad on us, it got into the 80's for 4 and a half days of our 5 days...and all the elk went up into the mountains.. we had to quit the last half of the last day, and wouldn't ya know.... they moved.. thats when the other 2 guys got a couple.... Larry Bishop has a website, take a look at it, I highly recommend his operation even tho we did not get elk... Bob
Old 08-16-2005, 11:35 AM

More good information! Buglemn I'll be calling soon.

Thanks guys!