Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Drew British Columbia Bighorn Ram LEH Tag!! >

Drew British Columbia Bighorn Ram LEH Tag!!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Drew British Columbia Bighorn Ram LEH Tag!!

Old 07-15-2005, 08:19 AM

Default RE: Drew British Columbia Bighorn Ram LEH Tag!!

Hemi,
.[8D] Really I'm green with envy. The wind river's are good binos. You are one lucky SOB![8D]
Old 07-15-2005, 05:44 PM

Shato...

Hopefully my luck keeps holding long enough to fill my tag!! lol. I just bought my wife another Barrel horse so my binos are on hold for a couple more weeks!..its a give and take thing!!
Old 07-19-2005, 01:37 PM

I hope you get a monster ram. Barrel horses, huh, [:-]Don't let my ole lady hear that, or I'll be horse shoppin.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:07 PM

Shato,.... the horse thing is deffinitely a sickness!!... now that I dont ride bulls anymore I make sure the prospects I buy her for barrels will also make a good calf horse for me!!!.....and mountain/packer if I need another!!...only a month to go until I try and bag a ram!!!.gettin stoked!!
Old 07-25-2005, 04:35 AM

You lucky dog, no tips needed from me, I know that area and its a no brainer, have a great hunt and post some pictures!!!!
Old 07-25-2005, 11:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Hemi

Shato,.... the horse thing is deffinitely a sickness!!... now that I dont ride bulls anymore I make sure the prospects I buy her for barrels will also make a good calf horse for me!!!.....and mountain/packer if I need another!!...only a month to go until I try and bag a ram!!!.gettin stoked!!
I rode saddle broncs and calf ropedback a few years ago. Since I left the circuit a can't even bring myself to watch a rodeo on TV, the heart is willing the body just isn't able. Best of luck on your ram!
Old 07-29-2005, 09:16 PM

Tetsa...

The worst part about this whole sheep hunt in Vassaux is that everyone is positive I will take a nice ram out of there...... I better not screw up and blow this one!! Will look pretty foolish...however Im also pretty confident about this hunt!

Shato,

Know what you mean about the yearning to ride butthebody cant take it!!!!.....broke most everything at least once!...Rodeod in the PRCA/CPRA for 8 years...16 years total. Im 32 now and enjoy roping and working with horses , and watching the kids riding sheep running barrels etc.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I lived in BC for about 5 yrs and the dang things would come out on the roads in the winter licking the salt in the snow along the roadways. They climb vertical and the guides around here on both sides of the border are confident to bag one but since they are vertical climbers they fall when shot, damaging horns and any meat. You just have to be very selective on the location where you shoot it. Good luck.
Bobby
Old 08-02-2005, 10:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Hemi

Shato,

Know what you mean about the yearning to ride butthebody cant take it!!!!.....broke most everything at least once!...Rodeod in the PRCA/CPRA for 8 years...16 years total. Im 32 now and enjoy roping and working with horses , and watching the kids riding sheep running barrels etc.
Hemi,

I rode broncs in the RCA, mostly in the great lakes circuit, two years in the prairiecircuit. Never made it to the circuit finals, though I came close a couple of years. Never could run with the big dogs in the calf ropin (not good enough horse flesh), even though it was my true love. Ihated falling off those broncs. Thats the onlything I had going, I wasn't smooth or flashy or any of the things that makeyou score big. I just wouldn't fall off very often.I miss the feeling of winning a rodeo but I don't miss the hours on the rode or the bad pay. I got busted up and had a decision to make...whether I was going to chase a hopeless dream (for my talent level) or wake up. I woke up. To this day I don't know if I made the right decision. Kill a big ram!