Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Colorado Bowhunt

Old 06-06-2005, 11:41 AM
Typical Buck

Default Colorado Bowhunt

I'm putting together a bowhunting trip for elk in Colorado and wanted to get opinions as to the best time to go. I've heard that early season was best but that it can be very hot during that time. I've also heard last week was good but was concerned that pressure from bow hunting and then muzzleloaders would have them headed for the hills. Any comments?
Old 06-06-2005, 12:45 PM

Default RE: Colorado Bowhunt

PM me

I've public land, OTC area hunted out there a bunch. I'll give you some pointers from my experience
Old 06-06-2005, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

The last few years I've had the best luck during the week of muzzle loader season. That seems to be when the bulls are getting cranked up more and the weather is usually cooler, snow becomes a better possiblity. Where I have been hunting, not that many muzzle loaders show up, and not that many bow hunters to start with.
Isn't it a bit goofy that the muzzle loaders have to wear orange, but yet the bow hunters, hunting the same time frame,, don't!!
Old 06-06-2005, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

That is strange Howler. Thanx you and datamax both for responding. I'm supposed to go to a week of training for work sometime in September so that might dictate when I can go. For now, I'm just going to get in shape, get everything ready to go, and decide once the training is worked out.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:52 PM

I think that i would and i am going to go the week before muzzleloader and the first week of muzzleloader to hunt seems like they are bugling better then to me.