Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Need your Opinions-Lion Hunting Debate-Video >

Need your Opinions-Lion Hunting Debate-Video

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Need your Opinions-Lion Hunting Debate-Video

Old 05-18-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Need your Opinions-Lion Hunting Debate-Video

Ok, I don't think there is any problem with me posting this link to a different forum is there? Its actaully a snowmobiling forum. I posted this link to a movie where some guys are lion hunting, you can see the video if you go to this link.

There are a wide range of opiinions about this videos, and I wanted to see what you guys thought about it. I want the hunter's point of view. I personally don't think the hunters did anything wrong other than the poor shot placement. People are saying that the hunders are cowards and the lion should have been left alone and so on.

Go to this link to see the debate, I want to hear your argument:

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forum...pic=85242&st=0

Thanks!
Old 05-18-2005, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need your Opinions-Lion Hunting Debate-Video

From what I read in the other forum, this was the big African Lion right?

If so, I have seen the video before, it has been posted here and talked about also. Kinda crazy, not real sure of all of the circumstances leading up to it, or exactly where it was at, so I can't really say I am for or against it.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:26 PM

If it was in Africa and was a legit hunt then theres really nothing to say about it. I watched the video several months ago when it was first posted here. The only mistake that I see is that the hunter did not continue firing, he shot the lion, made a bad shot then started celebrating unstead of shooting some more.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:51 PM

I just registerd and made a post over there as TexasHunter. But what is sad is that you can read that some kinda crap on hunting sites. Hunters against hunters, its a BAD BAD thing......................
Old 05-18-2005, 07:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Personally I really don't see the point of shooting a lion after you have it trapped against a fence. Where's the sport in that? You can clearly see the lion looking around for an escape route but he had no where to go. He actually tries to get away but the only way out was along the fence.

That certainly didn't look like hunters on a hunt to me. More like a bunch of nimrods on a lion shooting.

IMHO I would have liked to see the lion do a little more damage before it was killed.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:33 PM

bigbulls:

Do you actually see a fence on the screen? Is the lion actually walking along a high fence? Or are you just "assuming" that the lion is in a small pen??

I saw the same video and I did not see a fence any where. From what I understand that lion was killed because he killed some local villagers.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

You honestly can't see the fence????????????

In the first frames when they first zoom in on the loin a "dog like" fence is clearly visible behind the lion. Heck he is standing right next to a fence post.

AS they zoom out you can clearly see some large fence posts on the right side of the screen which appear to form a corner in the fence running up next to the shooters.

Then the loin gets up from laying down and trots directly away from the shooters but has to turn to the left and straight down the fence row behind the trees. Fence post after fence post is clearly visible.

Then they show the loin laying down again right in front of three more fence posts.

The lion gets up and they take the first shot. After some more shots and the lion is running away he is put down right in front of what looks like a light pole.

They finally take the last shot and high five each other.

PITIFUL, JUST PITIFUL!

"You got blood on you are you sure you're OK" she says.[:'(] Too bad the lion didn't get that guy square in the chest when he charged.

If that loin had killed some villagers I doubt they would have waited for someone to come along to film the "guided hunt". Do you honestly think that they would have called Colorado Hunting Adventures and said..... Hey, we got a lion killing villagers. Could you send a hunter and his wife along with a film crew to Africa to shoot it? I doubt it.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually, I have seen two versions of the video. One is longer and shows the fence. The other is a shortened version and just shows the initial shot and the lion attacking the "hunters". If you want my opinion on it as a "hunt" it certainly doesn't look like one. Since I don't know the real circumstances, it may have been a necessary killing of a bad lion, but it certainly wasn't a hunt.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:59 PM

My understanding was that, indeed, this lion did kill several villagers and was to be exterminated. That was several months ago, perhaps that has changed, but the story then was that the lion was tracked and killed after killing a few men.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:28 AM

The management stragedy of African ranch owners is to high fence their leases to keep the animals in and make it tough on the poachers. This keeps more money in the pockets of the safari companies. We are talking huge leases. If the animal is tracked to the fences, what should the guy with the gun do? Should he let the lion go because it can't run? What if I were hunting BLM land outside Veron, Ut for pronghorns and hemmed the buck up against a deepwash so he couldn't escape, would this be unethical? I've only seen the short clip and from what I've seen, the yutz shouldn't have been hunting. Neither he nor the PH had any business going after that lion because they couldn't shoot. They didn't make a clean kill. This is what we are after always. The PH blew it. His client screwed up and he is suppose to fix it. End of story.

Dr Fatguy

Quick Reply: Need your Opinions-Lion Hunting Debate-Video

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.