Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Here is a good one! What say the liberals of Kalifornia?Spyro/Jacko? >

Here is a good one! What say the liberals of Kalifornia?Spyro/Jacko?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Here is a good one! What say the liberals of Kalifornia?Spyro/Jacko?

Old 05-14-2005, 10:59 AM

Default RE: Here is a good one! Wonder what the liberals of Kalifornia say?Spyro?

Hey Spyro, how much money did you Califonicators save runnin' PG&E and SCE into bankruptcy, while you stole your electricity from them? [&o]
Old 05-14-2005, 11:52 AM

Default RE: Here is a good one! Wonder what the liberals of Kalifornia say?Spyro?

I am going to chime in here. I have no problem with Non Resident hunters coming to Idaho to hunt. The only problem is they need to understand that they are guests here. A group from California came up archery hunting for elk last year into the canyon where I hunt. It is normal practice to get together with other groups and discuss where everyone is hunting so we won't fowl each other up. I met this group of five after they had parked right next to our camp and headed up the hill and hunted within site of our camp. I told them we had been working a bull up there for a couple of a days and also one other draw that we were hunting. I asked them to stay out of those areas and in exchange I told them where three smaller bulls were located and how to get them. I basically handed them three bulls that ranged from a small 6x6 to rag horns. That group ignored me and followed us for 4 days and screwed us up on more then one occasion. I was pissed. If I went out of state and a local was nice enough to tell me where bulls were hanging out and asked me to stay out of two draws I would do it since they were there first. We have had other groups fromout of state back there and they have been great to work with. This group sucked and I hope I never see them again.

elkaholicid
Michael
Old 05-14-2005, 05:19 PM

I agree with elkaholicid - I'm in Idaho too and last year ran into some pinheads with Kalifornia plates on a little fire road I'd been on for a couple of days. They sped up to me, I was on foot and had 100 questions about where the elk were - all I could tell them was if I knew I'd be there (the elk were just above us - right where they are every year).
They sped off leaving me in a lot of dust which I didn't appreciate.
I understand F&G makes a lot of money from out of state tag sales - I'm almost to the point where I'd support higher fees for resident tags and no out of state sales.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:52 PM

We had one(kalifornian) walk into camp last year and I gave the guy a ride back to his truck. He was all in a dither over a 420 class bull that he had seen and tried to walk down. He kept saying he could only get within 500yds and had follwed the bull all day! 420? LOL! I doubt it in this part of Wyoming but maybe. He was very serious about it to. And it was in a fairly accessible elk unit and we have hunted it off and on for 20 years when we draw. So I still doubt him, but I got a chuckle out of it!
Old 05-14-2005, 09:21 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: elkaholicid
A group from California
Heres the problem...Nuff said
Old 05-14-2005, 09:25 PM

Montana Bob!

Old 05-15-2005, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

How does a trip to Disneyland compare to hunting? I agree if you're a NR you should employ the same ethics you expect when hunting at home. I would never think of entering the woods on a hunt near someones's camp and if I came across anyone while hunting I would share any info I had as far as where I was hunting where they plan to hunt, etc. It's just the right thing to do. Just like if I was walking through the woods and saw someone on stand, I'd backtrack and find another way around.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: thndrchiken

How does a trip to Disneyland compare to hunting? I agree if you're a NR you should employ the same ethics you expect when hunting at home. I would never think of entering the woods on a hunt near someones's camp and if I came across anyone while hunting I would share any info I had as far as where I was hunting where they plan to hunt, etc. It's just the right thing to do. Just like if I was walking through the woods and saw someone on stand, I'd backtrack and find another way around.
Well therein lies the problem, them Californicators was just actin' like they do at home. Well maybe not, they might'a been on their best behavior.[:-]
Old 05-15-2005, 08:21 PM

How does a trip to Disneyland compare to hunting?

I was comparing a vacation to a vacation. When I go out of state or country to hunt, I consider it a vacation and I don't b*** about prices. If I don't like the cost, I don't go!

No, Disneyland does not compare to going hunting in my book! I could have used a trip to the Bahamas or Cancun!
Old 05-15-2005, 11:00 PM

Well, I like Rice and would vote for her. She can hold her own in a fight and that would qualify her for commander in chief. As for the NR arguement it is getting old. Just a handful of active NR hunters with money who are now very disappointed that they will not get their dream of being able to buy a tag in any state they want. They are an insignificant minority of voters who just got slammed by the very process they tried to exploit. Tough luck. The greed arguement is specious as if it were all about greed then the states would sell the animals to the top bidder. We are dealing with a very limited resource that needs to be protected from self interested individuals and businesses for the sake of our children and grandchildren.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.