HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Automotive (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/automotive-60/)
-   -   I liked it better when Dodge made trucks and... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/automotive/420808-i-liked-better-when-dodge-made-trucks.html)

Dave_Preston 04-20-2019 12:51 AM

I liked it better when Dodge made trucks and...

..."ram" was just a male sheep.

Personally, I like Toyota trucks best of all.

American-made in Georgia or Texas.

EShoreMD 04-20-2019 04:19 AM

My coworker just got a 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn 4x4 w the Hemi. Its a great looking truck imo and drives VERY smooth. Problem with that truck is in 10 yrs my 2012 Tacoma will be worth more.

mrbb 04-20-2019 09:18 AM

well I am now on my 10 th dodge Ram truck, all have served me pretty well over the yrs
but will admit my current 2016 is giving me a bunch of issues the past few days, throwing crazy errors at me, and no clue why?

as for resale
way I see it is, there all about the same, , a Toyota most likely COSTS more to buy, as they do NOT budge off sticker price like the other big three do!
so when you start off paying more, you end up with a higher value down the road
here in MY area, ALL trucks get eaten alive from road salt if you keep them long enough, ALL brands

best trucks that hold VALUE< IMO happen to be diesels, but then again, your PAYING more for them up front, so, back to the above deal!
there all over priced JUNK made to fail, so you HAVE to buy again, NO company is really trying to make anything last a LONG time, , the goal is JUST long enough to make you THINK you got a deal!
its a disposable world we all live in anymore sadly!
and IMO< folks being willing to sign there lives away to buy all this junk, is driving the prices up faster and higher than any other time in History
50-60-70+k for a pickup truck, is just cray and many more cost even higher!
yet so many seem to NOT care and make payments to HAVE IT NOW!
making next yrs' model cost even more and more!
a shame what new vehicles costs, all the more so, Pick Up Trucks IMO!
it also is why so many business's charge so much for services
so it effects us all in many ways, even if your NOT the type to buy a new vehicle often, your still paying for those that don't care about price to have something, and just make payments FIT there income, be it 5-6-7-8 yr loans for things!

EShoreMD 04-20-2019 10:12 AM

Paid $30k for my Tacoma new w a 10yr/100k drive train warranty on the Rd. Its a 2012 w 65k miles in great condition. I think Id get $20k for it. Thats a 33% loss after almost 7 yrs. No other truck gets that.

mrbb 04-20-2019 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by EShoreMD (Post 4355084)
Paid $30k for my Tacoma new w a 10yr/100k drive train warranty on the Rd. Its a 2012 w 65k miles in great condition. I think Id get $20k for it. Thats a 33% loss after almost 7 yrs. No other truck gets that.

not sure where your from , but you wouldn;t get that price here, NOT saying you won' where your at!

and its NOT the drive train that fails here , its the body, that gets eaten from excessive amounts of road salt!
so low miles or not, means nothing here, last truck was 10 yrs old when I got rid of it, and only thing holding bumpers together was the chrome plating LOL
and thats with a LOT of care TRYING to make them last
washing, treating, all the time, and NO good, salt just eats things away

EShoreMD 04-21-2019 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by mrbb (Post 4355086)
not sure where your from , but you wouldn;t get that price here, NOT saying you won' where your at!

and its NOT the drive train that fails here , its the body, that gets eaten from excessive amounts of road salt!
so low miles or not, means nothing here, last truck was 10 yrs old when I got rid of it, and only thing holding bumpers together was the chrome plating LOL
and thats with a LOT of care TRYING to make them last
washing, treating, all the time, and NO good, salt just eats things away

How about you post some links to similar tacomas for sale in your area.

EShoreMD 04-21-2019 03:25 AM

https://www.kbb.com/new-cars/best-re...e-top-10-cars/

mrbb 04-21-2019 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by EShoreMD (Post 4355112)
How about you post some links to similar tacomas for sale in your area.

what options in your truck, this might matter too, and what CAB, you didn;t list
but plane jane cab s don't sell here for much over 12k in that yr!, people ASK a LOT more in there adds, than what they actually get !
again, NOT bashing on you just saying, what things are in MY area! an 8 yr old truck is an 8 yr old truck and the OEM's bail on left overs and discount new one's like mad(maybe not toyota;'s, but folks like new over used due to a LOT of reasons, from just getting loans to TRYING to be the cool kids)
so, its harder for trucks here to sell higher used, all the more so a used 8 yr old truck here would most likely be rather rusty!, of any maker!
aluminum body fords?? well drive train ,frames get eaten!

Bocajnala 04-21-2019 08:50 AM

Toyotas hold value here better than anything else.

And I'm in the rust belt.

It's not uncommon to see a 15 year old Tacoma with 200k miles asking 12,000 for it.

-Jake

bronko22000 04-21-2019 04:56 PM

Yes its true that toyotas hold their value. But I too like my Dodge Dakota...Its my 3rd one. The only thing I've ever done to them is change the oil, tranny fluid, and tires. The things just keep on going. Miine's been all over. I live in PA and my current Dakota has been to ME, WY, MT, FL and Newfoundland. I got this one used with 12000 miles on it and now have 160,000+ on it.