HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Automotive (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/automotive-60/)
-   -   Any 2017 Ford f250 powerstroke reviews? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/automotive/412666-any-2017-ford-f250-powerstroke-reviews.html)

mthusker 03-21-2017 06:11 PM

Any 2017 Ford f250 powerstroke reviews?

I know this is classifieds, but didn't know where to post it. I have been GM person all my life, but local dealer has really soured me on them and I have become friends with the local ford dealer. Been talking to him about a new F250 with the 6.7 diesel, I have a 2015 GMC Denali Duramax, second duramax, but things have changed...any Ford diesel owners tell me what to expect....no sarcasm please, just serious post.

flags 03-22-2017 03:49 AM

Can't answer for the 2017 but I have a 2006 Super Duty diesel and I have had no issues with it. I tow a 37 ft 5th wheel and this truck has power to spare. I've been thinking about trading up to an F-350 or F-450 but the prices nearly gave me a brain hemorrhage. My 2006 is long paid for so I'll run it until the wheels won't turn any longer.

mthusker 03-22-2017 07:13 AM

Consider yourself fortunate, I know from first hand experience those were bad years for the ford diesel.

uncle matt 04-01-2017 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by mthusker (Post 4298256)
Consider yourself fortunate, I know from first hand experience those were bad years for the ford diesel.

FOR SURE! KNOCK ON WOOD!

I can tell you though that many of the motor problems on those years are directly related to lack of maintenance of excessive intervals between maintenance. Regular maintenance on fuel filters and oil changes are most important. Many don't understand that a fuel filter can reduce fuel pressure which is critical on a diesel.

mrbb 04-01-2017 05:16 PM

this is what I know, and NOT bashing in any way, I was looking for a new truck in fall of 2015, NOT a GMC/Chevy fan, had too many problems with one's I had in past and poor dealer support, so, didn;'t consider them (many love them and so be it)

so I was looking at Ford f-250-350's and Dodge/Ram 2500-3500's
diesels

have a very good friend that is a BIG Ford guy, has a 2015 F 350 fully loaded crew cab leather gut, platinum I think is the model (75k)
he told me that any motor work IF ever needed done, the WHOLE CAB of the truck has to come off, and is designed to be this way
talked to a few others and was told this was TRUE
SO< I ended up with a 2016 dodge Ram 2500 crew cab 4x4 big horn diesel

Personally I think ALL Vehicle's today are MADE to FAIL at some point, NO money in making anything to last too long! and there all WAY over priced
50-60+ for a pick up truck is just plain CRAZY,. but sadly thats what these darn things cost, and I blame that on folks being willing to sign away there life, and driving the prices up in the process, as if they KNOW one guy will pay "X" they will force the hand of the rest by sticking these price tags on them

IF you DON"T tow often or HEAVY, really ask yourself if you NEED that much truck,
if you have a GREAT dealer, or should I said GREAT service dept at a local dealership, buying "X" brand there might be your best deal, as again sooner or later , things WILL fail! and you will then find out HOW good of support your going to get, it comes down to dealer/service dept, more than BRAND of truck IMO

THAT said, I will tell you this, I price shop when I buy, I went to 15+ dealers looking, and got prices from 1500-7500+ difference on same exact BUILD truck, all same options, and dealer to dealer prices varied that much??

I came into info on a dealer ship in Indiana, that claimed they would beat any price I got , I am in PA
ONE phone call to them, gave them pic's of my old truck I was trading in, and they beat my best price I got in PA, trade in and all, and delivered the truck to my door(800 miles away from me)
they sell trucks all around the Globe, and claim again will beat any price you get!

can get Fords or what ever??

IF you like the salesman's contact info, PM me and will give it to you, I have NOTHING vested here with them, they just gave me the best deal I found, NO haggling, no bull crap, no back and forth,. NO wasting my time
when time comes to buy again, I will do same things, price shop here and call them!

Ford Chevy, GMC, Ford, RAM?Dodge
all overpriced JUNK, but thats what you get these days, very costly vehicles
and IMO a shame!

mthusker 04-10-2017 01:24 PM

I appreciate the replies, I currently own a 15 gmc duramax, actually have been pretty happy with it, especially with the engine, but, and this is the kicker, I moved a few years back to the little town I currently live in, and have come to know the owner of the Ford dealership very well, and I like him and his family quite a bit. I currently own 4 gm products, I am actually in process of restoring a 79 gmc jimmy, just had a complete rebuild on the sb 400, so I am a gm man. I went and test drove a F350 he had, it was pretty similar to my 15, but it does have a few nice options that make sense. I figure having a friend own dealership, the service on it would probably be pretty good, and we do like to buy local. He wanted 19,500 difference, which I balked at, lol. I told him I need to use this truck another year or so, so I can at least feel a little better about trading it.
I am fairly certain, more then 30 years of driving gm's, my next truck will be a Ford.....RIP Dale Earnhardt

uncle matt 05-16-2017 11:38 PM

You should search for you tube videos by powerstrokehelp.

Very informative.

This is a good one as to thye pros and cons of each year.

jboy 05-17-2017 02:00 PM

I have a 250 with the 6.7 in it and it will pull my 36 ft toyhauler with no problems at all .And I do mean when it is fully loaded it weighs out at 15,000 pounds .Best deal yet .I had a 2005 and the 6.0 was nothing but trouble .Everything went wrong with it .Thank god for warranties.I do love my new 250 .

MountainDevil54 07-27-2017 03:58 PM

skip ford. You have to pull the cabs on them in order for simple heater core repair work.

Not to mention fords are #1 on the break down list around these parts. You'd think they'd put a cooling system in their trucks that would prevent the owners from being stranded on the side of the road.

Find a new dealer to work on your truck. Not sure taking it to the dealer is the smartest thing cost wise either.

botechboy 08-09-2017 10:32 AM

They r all over priced I worked around the coal mine industry for a long time here in WVA and we used Dodge trucks 2500-3500 Cummings that's all the owner will have and I can tell ya they was towing and pulling these mountains every day and in the back woods around the mines In the mud and rough roads and they did good the only fault I have with Dodge is the front ends won't hold up bearings and all after 50-60 thousand miles gone axles etc new front ends but that's being used in rough country in the mud and water even with regular service the front ends won't hold up from 06 - to 2016 same stuff but he tried other brands that had other problems and more often considering how they was used I wouldn't hesitate to buy one for regular normal driving