Community
Automotive No hunter is complete without a hunting rig. Find all your automotive needs here.

motor oil

Old 03-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default motor oil

I was thinking on doing an oil change in my truck with synthetic motor oil.
Has anyone really noticed a difference on the way it runs and gas mileage?
I understand the pros and cons of both,but really---is it that much better for the price?
Old 03-12-2006, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: motor oil

be careful! syn. if used in an older high mileage engine, can induse oil consumption. It is a thinner oil, and makes the internals of the engine sliker, and thus more oil can get by the rings on the pistons and down thru the seals on the valve stems.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:05 PM

Like what Mastevt make sure that your engine is able to use that oil one way to check that is to check the owners manual or call a place where they do oil changes and they should tell you and from what ive noticed it does make a difference and it is worth the extra money.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using Mobli 1 Synsthetic for 11 years. I started with using it with 1995 Toyota Tacoma. Sometime in November of 1998 I was on my way home from deer hunting, and my head gasket blew, but I didn't know it, until I got home. My truck was towed to Toyota I still had a warrenty, a week later I went to pick up my truck, the service manager asked me what oil I used, and told him Mobil 1, he said that my pistons/rods looked like brand new, that put a smile on my face knowing that Mobil 1 did it's job, still using it today in my 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Old 03-14-2006, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am using Mobil 1 Syn in 3 vehicles. A 91 Ford with 200k a 96 Explorer with 90k and a 2000 Silverado with 135k. You can pay more for oil but its hard to beat the Mobil 1 Syn. None of the 3 leak oil and none of the 3 burn oil. The 96 and the 200 were bought used and started on Syns at 60k and 50k. The 91 was bought new and was started on synthetics at 130k. No problems and I would reccomend to anyone.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Dominant Buck

I am using Mobil 1 Syn in 3 vehicles.

Same here! Since day one. 1988 Tahoe Blazer 4.3, 2000 Dodge Ram 318ci and 2003 Toyota TRD

Product Description

Mobil 1 5W-30 is a high performance fully synthetic engine oil designed to exceed the industry's toughest standards and outperform all conventional oils.. Mobil 1 5W-30 is engineered to help keep your engine running like new and extend engine life. Mobil 1 technology has been selected as original equipment by leading car builders such as, Chevrolet Corvette, Cadillac, Mercedes Benz AMG, Porsche, Dodge Viper, and Dodge Ram SRT 10.

Old 03-19-2006, 08:48 PM

I have had great luck with Amzoil synthetic oil in my trucks and minivan. After switching over I got 2-3 mpg better. In fact, I'll be switching to the Amzoil transmission fluid tomorrow in my Ranger 4x4.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:55 PM
Typical Buck

As far as switching to a synthetic oil, it will not hurt the engine by no means. But say you have 150,000 miles on the engineor 5,000 it will not cause nothing but if you have an oil leak, even it it only drips once per day, the synthetic will make the leak worse as the particles in the oil break up. So no there will be no problem caused but it will bring up existing that you didn't know about. Hope that helps.
Brandon
Old 04-06-2006, 07:21 PM

Owning a parts store i here my fair share but for the record all oils are going to be synthetic or semi-synthetic eventually. the ones that wont will be the house brands, they will keep a non syntec. the best thing is to put in a qt of lucas oil stabalizer with every oil change for example if your vehicle takes 5qts put in 4 and 1 of the lucas. and lucas is so good that when you change your oil the next time you can still feel the lucas in the oil it will not break down.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Dominant Buck

Lucas Oil Products : Oil Stabilizer

Quick Reply: motor oil

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.