Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Automotive
 jeep liberty or escape >

jeep liberty or escape

Automotive No hunter is complete without a hunting rig. Find all your automotive needs here.

jeep liberty or escape

Old 12-05-2005, 08:05 AM

Default jeep liberty or escape

hi everybody! i'm looking to buy a new suv and i wanted to know from people experienced in suvs, especially outdoorsman about what is the best all around suv. i'm just recently out of high school and so i obviously don't have much experience to judge this. also, i'm not very big, only 5 foot 3 and 115, so i don't think a ford expedition is right for me. i now drive an old jeep wrangler, it's ok, but not much cargo space and it's got too many miles on it and i have to replace it. is learning to drive manual better for suvs? i figured the newer suvs with more sophisticated engines and more cargo space is the way to go because i help run a farm and also want to get actively into hunting and fishing soon. i need one that will be dependable. i'll appreciate all opinions on this. i'm hoping the American models are considered the best? is that right? thanks everybody, Chrissy
Old 12-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: jeep liberty or escape

Ok, I wont say anything about american or foriegn, theyre all pretty good. I bought a honda element, wierd looking, but it gets 27-30 miles to the gallon and it is 4 wheel drive. The back seats come out and you can hose the interior out. I put three deer in the back and checked them in at the ranger station, washed the blood out and put the seats back in. It wont tow much, but it is sensible and a good outdoor car. You can camp in it as well. EJ
Old 12-06-2005, 02:14 PM

Hey Christina,
You may want to look into a used jeep cherokee. You can get newer low mileage cherookees alot cheaper than used liberty. The cherokee also has mopre cargo room. I have a 96 4 door cherokee with 207,000 miles on it and it still runs great. I did an ecomomy 2-1/2 lift for about $130 without shocks.The straight six engine has enough power( if you not pulling huge trailers) without getting you for gas.
Good luck
Nathan
Old 12-06-2005, 05:09 PM

Use to have a jeep liberty was great for close trips but really sucked on long ones.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since I live not too far from the new Jeep plant in Toledo I would say a Liberty.
First the Union got on television and complained they needed more employees then months later they complained they are not getting any overtime, next they complained theydo not have a 3rd shift

Buy JEEP and give the union something else to bitch about
Old 12-28-2005, 09:42 PM

i would get the liberty, i drive a 2005 nissan pathfinder and i havent had a single problem with it since ive bought it. It runs great and get good gas mileage, you could prolly get a good deal on one right now.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:03 AM
Typical Buck

we have an escape and love it. the liberty doesnt have as much seating room
Old 01-26-2006, 04:54 PM
Typical Buck

to each his own,
But by the sounds of it, i would go with the liberty,
Escape does not offer 4x4 only 4wd,
if your on the farm and plan on using it for outdoor activities,
go with the jeep,
Sister has a liberty been a great car for her,
escape is more of a glorified minivan,

Old 01-27-2006, 11:46 AM

thank you for the tip! i agree!!! i've test driven both and i like both suvs, but like you said, the jeep is more all terrain, and since i am planning lots of driving to the mountains, i think it's the best bet too. thanks again, to you, and all the guys here that wrote me!!! warmly always, Chrissy
Old 01-27-2006, 05:47 PM

Any Land Rover ~~ A bit expensive but well worth it. Remember, Land Rovers are the best Jeep recovery vehicles.

Quick Reply: jeep liberty or escape

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.