HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Automotive (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/automotive-60/)
-   -   DIESEL VS GAS (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/automotive/113037-diesel-vs-gas.html)

BIG TUNA 09-16-2005 06:44 AM

DIESEL VS GAS

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SPENDING EXTRA FOR THE GMC 2500HD DEISEL, OR A REGULAR 1500 WITH A 305 V8 TO PULL THE OCCASIONALL BOAT AND TRAILER. KEEP IN MIND I DO DRIVE A LOT. PLUS THIS MAY BE A SERVICE VEHICLE WHICH DOES A LOT OF STOP AND GO. I DO AT LEAST 90KM PER YEAR ON MY VEHICLES. 20 GRAND IS RIDING ON THIS QUESTION.

Little Yellowjacket 09-16-2005 03:02 PM

RE: DIESEL VS GAS

I would go with the diesel, better towing capacity, and better mileage. If you do go with diesel, make sure you get the 4x4, because they will get stuck on wet grass with that big engine.

Little Yellowjacket 09-16-2005 03:04 PM

If it were me I would get the dodge with the cummins turbo diesel in it, thats the best midsize truck diesel they make. That's a fact!!!!

lou-lou 09-18-2005 09:44 PM

As a auto dealer I have had many classes on this topic since gas has weny up. My advice is that Dodge has the best motor, but the worst tranny, Ford has good looks and a powerful motor 6.0 , much better that the old 7.3, tranny is middle of the road. Chevy now has a 6.6 duramax which is supposed to get better mileage than gas but in reality it only gets a few miles more. Pre- 2003 duramax's have way better mileage than there newer brothers. All motors will kill you at the oil change. 50 plus buck for a oil change. Chevy has better resale value and the best tranny. The allison tranny is tough to beat. Right now if I had to choose, it would be a Ford F-250 middle of the road on all aspects. You can wait until next year and get a Dodge , Cummins turbo diesel 6cyl with the Allison tranny. Yup! it's going to happen. Can't wait until that beast comes out.... Right now the best truck you can buy is diesel powered, they are cheaper than they will ever be right now.

Little Yellowjacket 09-19-2005 07:29 PM

Ours is The 24V with a jake brake ( we haul alot of horses), 5 on the floor with granny gear, and it has a dayna 80 tranny in it, which I like better than the allison.
Just my two cents though.

Little Yellowjacket 09-24-2005 10:07 AM

So did you ever find or buy the truck?:)

OFTK

BIG TUNA 09-24-2005 06:06 PM

I WON'T BE GETTING THE TRUCK TILL APRIL. OVER IN AUSTRALIA WORKING TEMPORARILY TILL THEN ( KANGAROO HUNTING IS TOO EASY, CHIPMUNKS ARE A BIGGER CHALLANGE ). I'M DOING MY SHOPPING NOW SO I CAN HAVE A NEW VEHICLE IN THE DRIVEWAY AS SOON AS I GET HOME. I REALLY APPRECIATE BEING TOLD OF THE CUMMINGS IN-LINE SIX. I'M GIVING IT SERIOUS THOUIGHT EVENTHOUGH I COME FROM A GM TOWN.

DuckNdeer 09-25-2005 08:31 AM

I'm a FORD man!
Gotme a 2004 F-250 4x4 6.0 diesel extended cab long bed. Banks Power computer and exhaust and some bald tires.;)

DuckNdeer 09-25-2005 08:33 AM

here's the best truck ever!

Little Yellowjacket 09-25-2005 02:17 PM

I'm a Dodge man!!!

Get the dodge with the cummins 24v. The dayna 80 is the best way to go.