Community
Automotive No hunter is complete without a hunting rig. Find all your automotive needs here.

DIESEL VS GAS

Old 10-31-2005, 08:06 AM

Default RE: DIESEL VS GAS

out for the kill sorry butt the cummins doesnt have nothing on that durmax we already proved that at myrtle beach south carlina when i hooked up to a cummins he didnt want no more or the ford... dodge is got the crappest transmission ever made and the chevy got the allison transmisson and nobody ever complains about the chevy butt u always here someone complaing about the dodge tranny
Old 10-31-2005, 06:20 PM

Look, rich boy. You have put your truck against ONEdodge truck. you haven't put it up agianst mine, or anyone elses on here, so until then, why won't you just shutup about your wonderful duramax that has to be chipped to do the job.
thank you,
oftk
Old 10-31-2005, 09:58 PM

ok, first of all, out for the kill, do you even know who builds the duramax??? as far as them being the "original diesels", whatever. but if thats what you believe then i wouldn't be bragging too much. most of the cummins motor was originally designed in the early 60's to power big a$$ irrigation pumps. that mean there is some really old technology in that motor. which means they dont run near as efficiently as the newer, cleaner, high tech diesels. the duramax is just a more advanced motor. it runs cleaner, smoother and it is a whole hell of a lot quieter.as far as needing to be chipped to get the job done, yeah right. ours is bone stock and it out pulls 1 chipped ford, 1 dodge with a chip and serious intake ducting work, and of course various other dodges and fords. oh, isnt yours chipped out for the kill??
Old 11-01-2005, 09:11 AM

out for the kill i sorry to tell u butt that piece of **** cummins doesnt not have nothing on that durmax.... u might as well get over it what ever u do to that truck u wont never out pull the durmax like someone else sayed they just picked up a 4 wheeler magizine and reading about the durmax with 365 hp. and 650lbs torgue and a 6 speed allison transmisson does that cummins come from the factory like that hell naw if u wont that cummins to pull anything u better do soemthing to it... that cummins will never be better... then the durmax

Old 11-01-2005, 12:48 PM

I owned 2 Dodge ram's with the cummins. My advice, dodge the Dodge. The first one went through 3 trannys in 75,000 miles. Ok, maybe a fluke. Bought my next one with the manual. I had NOTHING but problems with that truck. Had to replace the clutch twice, whole front brake assembly after 20,000 miles, complete ring job at 60,000 miles, and a ton of little piddly things that chapped my hide.Then I purchased a Ford Super duty with the V10. Good truck, horrible on gas. Now I own a Chevy Avalanche for family use, and a 2500HD with Duramax with the allison for my farm truck. This thing is great. And,it hasa lot more power than the Cummins could ever dream of, and doesn't sound like it is going to fall apart going down the road. That is one thing I always hated about the Cummins, theysound like junk. Good luck to you in your decision.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:39 PM

Look, I don't want to start anything on this site. You can go with your "cleaner, more efficient" duramax's. Yes, my truck is chipped now, but not when I was haulin' 4 massive horses from a little town in Texas near the border.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:39 PM

Oh yea, "You do your thing, I'll do mine."
Old 11-01-2005, 05:21 PM

Look, I don't want to start anything on this site. You can go with your "cleaner, more efficient" duramax's. Yes, my truck is chipped now, but not when I was haulin' 4 massive horses from a little town in Texas near the border.
Yes you do. You have been goading people for three pages now.

And, FYI, I was not talking to you, but rather the person who started this thread.

I'm sure your truck handled admirably on your haul from a little town in Texas. I hauled lots of stuff with my Cummins. But, my Duramax does a much better job of it. I have also put 59,000 miles on the Duramax, and have not had to have one thing worked on. I can't say that about either of the Dodge products. I leaarned that MOPAR really means, I need MOPARTS to fix this da** truck.

Old 11-01-2005, 07:49 PM

well since this is already a heated debate i thought i would throw in my two cents. I was raised around deisels, went to a deisel tech school and work on deisels for a living. But i think you guys or missing the piont. He asked if it was worth spending the extra money for a deisel, not what truck is gonna drag everyones elses truck around. And for that matter, hooking a tow strap to eachother and going at says ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING about who has more power. many things come into play here like, driving skill, tires, gear ratios, WEIGHT, so it is a very poor example of whos truck has more power. Anyways back to the question, the type of truck or make depends more on what he is going to use it for. He said that he does alot of driving and occasionally pulling. Why by the biggest powerhouse in the world to drive around in and occasionally pull? How long is he gonna own the truck, 300,000 miles? If he is looking for a motor that is gonna last half a million miles, go with the cummins, the straight six is unbeatalbe in reliability and longevity, why does every semitruck use a straight six? If its just a truck that is gonna be for personal use and not looking to own it for ever then by a duramax. Your gonna be in the truck alot putting on that many miles. Your gonna wanna be comfortable. Ford seat are very unfortable, there interior is plane and hasnt changed much in years. and the solid axle and stiff suspension is gonna beat the hell out of you for a personal driver. The 6.0 is very new and yet to prove its self. Dodges suspension and straight axle is gonna ride the same. The cummins has proved itself for making good power and longevity as well as good fuel mileage. Yes there automatics suck. Chevy has the most comfortable seats and interiors, ride by far the most quietest and the smoothest due to the independent front suspension. And there mileage is really good to. And the allison is by far the king of all automatics right know. So if your gonna beat the hell out of this truck go with a dodge and the manual trans. If your gonna drive it more than anything get the Durmax. As far as Deisel better than gas. Its all a personal preference.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:00 PM

badbowtie, i couldn't have said it any better. nuff said. thanks for that reply man.

Quick Reply: DIESEL VS GAS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.