Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
Team 7 ~ Roost Raiders >

Team 7 ~ Roost Raiders

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 7 ~ Roost Raiders

Old 05-05-2013, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

can someone tell me why we need all this info when someone gets a bird..
Old 05-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

I joined the turkey contest this year for the first time and I'm having trouble finding my team. I think I'm on team 4 but how do I get to my team page and report in the turkey I shot???
Old 05-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

Well folks I'm done.Season really kinda sucked this year. Wasn't a whole lot of gobbling in our neck of the world. Gobblers are still henned up bad. Between hens and trespassers we didn't get much of a break. Good luck to those still hunting.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alright guys, I finally got one this morning! Been a tough season. Have to take my kid to dentist but will get on this after noon and fill you all in and post pics..
Old 05-06-2013, 01:20 PM
Fork Horn

Well i should tell the story of my turkey hunt on April 22. Started out early in morning not sure where the turkeys would be roosted but they are always somewhere near the area i hunted. i knew there was at least one good one in the group.

started out windy so was hard to hear anything so i waited them out and about 6:45am i seen three strutters on the neighbors so things were looking good..i thought anyways. After watching them thru the binocs i seen somethn move out of the corner of my eye and here is another hunter cutting them off from coming my way..i thawt "what a prick"!! so i headed to work.

Now its the afternoon hunt, i head back out its about 5pm and im walking across the big feild to the blind i hunted out of in morning and get half way to it and there's a tom running back towards the wood line. So i glass him till i couldnt see him no more and run to the blind and set my hen decoy out. I figured it was early yet and he would be back out to check the field later for the other turkeys in the area. I waited about 20 min then gave a couple calls on the box call but nothing..waited another 20 min then a couple soft calls. At this point some buddies start texting me and u answerd the text looked to my right and here he steps out on the feild!

I grabbed my little push type box call and did a couple soft calls and he looked right at the decoy but no gobbling at all. He started struttn around then take a couple more steps my way then strut, couple more steps, strut again and kept doing that till he was about 40 yards away when i let the Mossberg give him a dirt nap at 6pm.

This gobbler has the longest "spurs" that i have harvested to date. Having troubles getting pictures to work and i dont have real good pics either being nobody around to take them for me. Will try and get them up again some time.

Posted from Huntingnet.com App for Android
Old 05-08-2013, 07:21 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats!!!!! YahooOO !!

I last hunted 2 wks ago and am going out again Thur-sat. I called up 2 gobblers but they where with hens on private, Just missed one of them as I left the area at 8pm,and he came in after 830, I heard him as I neared the top of a hill out of there.
Next a strut area with 30 or so turks with 5 gobblers strutting, mating, jakes fighting and me crawling to close the gap, then from 300 yards out a nice long beard came running to me only stopping to strut twice and I miss.
So now for this trip..........
Old 05-09-2013, 07:44 AM
Spike

Well guys I was unable to get anything this year after fighting bad weather and rude morons on public hunting land. It just disgussed me to see how rude people are and then they look at you as you are in the wrong for being in there walking path not mention stupid. Had one moron sit there and try to call my decoy in for 45 mins and the damn thing does not move unless the wind blows. O well it was for sure quite the exp. hunting public land this year. Note to self be an ass because everybody else is going to be and not give 2 s****. Well good luck and enjoy your hunts.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Still hunting. Been seeing three gobblers but haven't got it all to work out just yet. Got a couple days this next week, hoping to connect.
-Jake
Old 05-13-2013, 07:41 PM
Spike

Headed out Thursday through Saturday.

Lets hope I can upgrade that jake to a Tom!
Pines
Old 05-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

Eastern
5 beards - (32") 10,8,6,5,3
.75 spurs
24 lbs

Holy Crap is right! GLad I came back to check on your scores

Your score is 24 + 7.5 + 7.5 + 64 = 103

Going to be the biggest for 2013! ~ JW

Last edited by JW; 06-11-2013 at 07:51 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.