HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   The Archives (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/archives-70/)
-   -   Team 7 ~ Roost Raiders (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/archives/379516-team-7-roost-raiders.html)

turkey harvester 03-15-2013 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by cmoutos (Post 4043333)
I hunt about 1 hr east of KC Johnson/Henry county. I live in Centerview, MO off of 50 Hwy. I am stationed at Whiteman AFB. I have about 3 different properties I bounce around to and from. Are you near the Peck Ranch were they have the elk refuge. I have heard they are going to have limited elk hunts as early as 2015? Have you heard any words on that?

I'm bout an hour away, ya Ive heard the same thing. I've been up there since they've brought them in but haven't seen any. They have already had to come and get one from our county and return it.

TheinesPines 03-18-2013 03:07 PM

Hey Team,

So I also vote for roost raiders.

Anyone who volunteers for captin has my vote.

Was out scouting this past weekend. Came across the flock of 20 or so and almost stepped on a gobbler.....literally. Saw him walk across a creek on a log. I snuck around to get ahead of him to see what he was. Did not see him so I went up the creek bank to get a view over the brush. Stop and glass and then all heck breaks loose in the deadfall not 2 feet from me. I would have had an easy shot as he struggled to get out of there! Nice beard about 8-10 in or so.

They stick pretty close to the farm I am on so he should be around. Not to mention Just got 35 more acres to hunt!

Scouting our 2nd farm this coming weekend out in Dodgeville wi.

Good Luck All
Pines

RockyMtnGobblers 03-19-2013 08:10 AM

Sounds good TheinesPines really good!

OK so I think we have 4 votes including mine for Roost Raiders and at least three votes including mine for our only volunteer for Captain Backwoods13, Any more team names or captain volunteers?

backwoods13 03-20-2013 10:00 AM

So how many are waiting on openning day.. I have a few weeks to wait..

BIG DONNIE BRASCO 03-20-2013 11:31 AM

April 10th here (unless my daughter goes out for youth on the 1st) :)

RockyMtnGobblers 03-20-2013 12:59 PM

April 13 for me, but I hope to head out on the 11th to scout.

Arrowmaster 03-21-2013 03:12 PM

Thunderchicken217 has been added to your team

JW 03-22-2013 05:24 AM

If you have decided on a team name and a Captain - Captain just post in the Captains thread and we'll get yer name up there.

Or drop me a PM

(but Iam gone now for a few days till mid next week)

JW

IBHUN10 03-24-2013 07:33 AM

Season is April 22-May 5th here for my hunt. I'm fine with whatever the team name will be.

jepcho 03-26-2013 05:53 AM

Hey I'm here. I was originally on this team and forgot to check in. Still got over a foot of snow here and its been in the single digits so havent realized how close to season its getting. Hoping I can still be on the team but if I've already been replaced I understand. Just let me know. Thanks and I cant wait, its looking to be a great season for me!