Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
Team 5 ~ Hang em High >

Team 5 ~ Hang em High

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 5 ~ Hang em High

Old 06-03-2013, 01:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am sorry to hear about your luck Adirondack.. But getting out there and trying is all the fun of it to me. Scoring is just a bonus that completes a great day IMO. I never had hardly any gobbling once the season opened up here. There was 1 day that I heard some gobbles and I am guessing that they were jakes. Other than that I would get a gobble if I was luck early in the morning and then nothing else. Both of my birds I shot never gobbled once. The last one was mostly because of the wind and rain. The other one was already with hens and another tom. Other than that it may be predators keeping them quite or being call shy?? No idea actually why they were not very talkative though.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:35 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to everyone that got to hunt or killed a bird, either way it was a success! I enjoyed reading your stories and seeing your birds. It was another very successful year for DTC Jr and I here in MO. We didn't make any out of state trips this year but hope to get things going again next spring. I am planning on taking him back to FL to try and complete his grand slam unless I was to draw a goulds turkey tag.

I am concerned about our hatch this spring, we have had alot of rain and it's been pretty cool here too. I watched 5 hens feed around about 100 yards from my house and I couldn't tell that they had any poults. Hope we get a good hatch, we need it!! Congrats again, it was fun!!
Old 06-04-2013, 08:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with you DTC that the rain and all could easily mess up the hatch here as well. But, I am not 100% sure, I do believe that if that is the case they very well could produce another clutch if needed. Grouse do that here at times even though the bird count maybe down some what as a result. I am hoping that turkeys can do the same anyways.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

Hey congrats to all the successful hunters and the ones that didn't get a bird I hope u remember its not always the kill but the thrill of the hunt. Had fun even though been a busy spring and before u know it deer season will be here. Later team
Old 06-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks pinsapex!, It has been great having you on the team as well as all our team members! Now we will wait and see how we scored amongst the rest of the teams. While I do not feel we have won, I do feel will score pretty decent just the same..

Now I am out fishing as well as getting ready to set my trail cams out.. I just hope this darn rain will let up for a couple of weeks..
Old 06-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

I see the team scores have now been posted.. We were not last but pretty close to it.. LOL .. It was fun being a team member and I did think we would of come out a little better.. Oh well, That is how it is.. So why not laugh about it and say better luck next year! It has been great meeting you all and being part of the team!
Take care,
Phil
Old 06-11-2013, 05:05 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Oh we'll, I know I sure had fun this year. Great job to all who put points up this season and its been great meeting some of you and good to be teammates again with the rest of ya! Hope to see everyone back hear again next yr. thanks guys!!!
Old 06-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great season guys! I was a lot of fun with the team unity BS'n! Good luck with everything everyone!!
Old 06-13-2013, 02:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

DTC and bornagain... Congrats on your Butterball Awards!!! You 2 lead us all the way!!
Old 06-14-2013, 02:29 AM
j76
Typical Buck

I second the congrats for DTC and Bornagain. You guys put down some awesome birds!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.