Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
Team 5 ~ Hang em High >

Team 5 ~ Hang em High

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 5 ~ Hang em High

Old 05-24-2013, 12:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thank you j76, now I have a jake tail to put in my pretty boy for next year.. I will trim his beard and have that jake out strutting in with those big toms. That aught to get them worked up when they see a jake struttin in their turf.. LOL I already want next year to get here again to blast a couple of more caps. .LOL.. It has been a terrific team guys.. Thanks for all the input you all have added.. I have enjoyed it again this year as well. Thanks for putting up with a couple of us razzing you all.. It was all part of the fun..
Old 05-24-2013, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

Nice job Phil.
Wilcam not a problem I am sure you tried your best. But trust me, those birds better look out next year. I blanked one year, and that maid me want a bird that much more the next year, and I hunted harder and tagged out.
You to j76, next year some Toms are gonna be in trouble.

Its been a fun year guys. I enjoyed meeting all of you and sharing the season with you. ( the good and the bad)

Hopefully some of us will be on the same team next year.

take care and God Bless You all. John
Old 05-25-2013, 02:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thank you bornagain... I have enjoyed meeting everyone as well. I also enjoy this contest that we all have been playing in.. It is a lot of fun to me and my razzing as well as others all are a part of it in my opinion.. I hope no one ever took me seriously with the stuff I was razzing with.. Then when my turn came up to bat I was getting a little worried after seeing all those birds the week before hunting season. I am telling yah they all must know it when hunting season starts.. LOL They just vanish all of a sudden.. Anyways it has been great sharing our hunting stories and the like.. I to hope to see some of us on a team next year..

I am also thinking that we may not have won but, our standings should still be pretty decent..

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 06-02-2013 at 03:24 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

It has been a great season for me and I hunted hard.. Those birds I was seeing just before the season started simply vanished.. I do wish our season started a week or 2 earlier it would of made the hunting so much easier. I have found the birds to have played a different ball game from the previous 2 years. They stayed back from those openings for the most part and you pretty much had to stay close to the tree line in order to get a chance at them.. Also the fact I razzed everyone put an awful lot of pressure on me to get it done.. Also it has been raining here for the last 7 days.. Today it has let up with more rain tomorrow and all our streams and the like are currently flooded over the banks. I love to catch brook trout during high water so I may give it a try tomorrow for a little while and then a nice cook out if the rain breaks long enough.

It has been great thanks guys!

Anyone out there still hunting?
If any of you are good luck on busting a cap on one!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-26-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been a great and really fun year guys! I didn't get out this Memorial Weekend as I came down with a really bad tooth ache that pretty much paralyzed the right side of my face. And with no dentists open, I had to wait til today to get my tooth yanked out. We may not have won the contest but we surely put a run for it. Plus we had the most team responses and the most views so winning 2 out of 3 isn't bad. That just shows how much team participation we had towards each other and THAT is what makes these contests fun. So hopefully some of us may end up on each others teams again and if not then we can still wish the best of luck to each other. Great Job guys!! Been fun!!
Old 05-29-2013, 03:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am sorry to hear about your messed up weekend Mottz.. I feel we will still score pretty decent even if we do not win. We all gave it a good shot and we have nothing to feel down about that is for sure. Besides it goes by the bird of each team member and not the most birds.. I am guessing we will end up overall around 3rd place once the count gets done after June 7th. I could be wrong as until the best bird of each member of the teams are counted it is way to hard to tell as of right now anyways.. I do feel we have had the most active in the part of team participation! That is something we all can be very proud of.. I agree that every one has done a great job!! That for helping me razz the team members up Mottz! To me that is all part of the fun.

On another note when I tagged my jake it was number 11 at the tagging station in town. My big tom was number 10 so not a lot of birds getting shot here this year. Most of those were jakes! So now I am still wondering where all those big toms I saw the week before our season opened have been hiding out?? Dam those birds were some clever..
Old 05-30-2013, 03:35 PM
Banned

well fellas back off a 3 day ban. probably get banned again for I have sent messages stating my disgust with it.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just be careful bud.. I hope we can be on a team again next year.. I will be vanishing for a while once this contest is over..
Old 05-30-2013, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

You're such a bad a__ snapper Good to see ya back!
Old 05-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mottz
You're such a bad a__ snapper Good to see ya back!
naw just don't like to take crap oh and I am whiny as I was told in a pm! apparently I was being checked up on, on another forum. lol.

so if I disappear this is why fellas. the top quoted part is from JW. the bottom is my reply. just do not want yall to be kept in the dark and lead to believe something else.

Originally Posted by JW
well you did not contact me when there was a problem. you just banned me for 3 days. not so much as hey you violated our rules I have to ban you. you could have did that.
did you also ban Ridgerunner? I have been told you did not. also did not appear you banned him when he threatened to shoot some of us in the arse!
You where part of the problem as I read it. You are correct I did not contact you but you did violate the HNI rules such as I listed in a post.

And It was not a 3 day ban but just slightly less than one (1) which gave me time to edit all the bashing and direct arguing and yes RR was on that list too! He also got one day off! To be clear 4 of you did.

And I saw your post on OG - as I did a bit of my own research looking for this new 100/10 topic. I found nothing on the several what I consider big Turkey dedicated forums which I am part of and have been for years.

But I did find your post so whine away! You where wrong.

AND let's clear up a bit more

RR can and did perform several 1000 yard deer kill shots. He knows his equipment and knows ballistics. I don't agree or disagree with long range shooting as that is his choice same as it is yours not to.
Who are you to call him a liar? Do you research before you throw accusations out.

So to help you

The link to the rules and do look at them objectively. You broke several.

http://www.huntingnet.com/staticpage...il.aspx?id=291

Dave...JW[/QUOTE]
never once did I say he did not shoot a deer that far nor that he does not know ballistics. and if you are such a turkey guru go to NWTF and look it up about the 100/10. you know what here is the link for you since you obviously could not find it yourself since I obviously made it up for my own benefit in the convo.
directly from NWTF
What's in a pattern?

What is the difference between a bad pattern and a good pattern, and what can you do to improve the pattern of your shotgun?

The ideal pattern for turkey hunting is 100 pellets in a 10-inch circle at 40 yards. This density means that there should be plenty of pellets in the small vital area of the turkey's head and neck to kill it ethically.

If you prefer No. 6 turkey loads (approx. 222 pellets/oz.), then a two ounce load of No. 6s should pattern about 25 percent of its shot in the 10-inch circle. Two ounces of No. 5s (approx. 171 pellets/oz.) should give you a pattern of about 30 percent. Two ounces of No. 4s (approx. 135 pellets/oz.) should result in a 37-percent pattern. These numbers are based on lead pellets, so heavier- than-lead alloy pellets will have fewer pellets per ounce and the percentage will differ slightly.
here is the link
http://www.nwtf.org/tips_adventures/tips.php?id=13279

and as the ban read when I tried to log in it was a 3 day ban. it said I would be reinstated on 5-30 at 7pm so do not tell me it was not just because you decided to make it shorter. that doesn't fly with me since you did not email me and tell me it had been shortened.

Last edited by snapper1982; 05-30-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.