Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
Team 5 ~ Hang em High >

Team 5 ~ Hang em High

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 5 ~ Hang em High

Old 04-27-2013, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

Oh and my b- mobile decoy has a real fan I attach to it sometimes jakes are a little afraid but most longboards always come close enough for a shot. I also keep two hen decoys out the avian feeder hen decoy and the other is named the widow maker. The thing I have learned the most over the years is patience most people run and gun which is productive but sometimes u bump birds. I find a good travel corridor and set up and stay there usually the whole time letting the birds work to me. Just a few things that has helped me. Good luck again team and smoke them birds!!!
Old 04-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Spike

Hows it been goin j? Looks like there are a few guys I have been on teams with before.

Last edited by Corey614; 04-27-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats pinsapex7.

Thats a pig,
Old 04-28-2013, 12:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hi guys, I am up early this morning getting my decoys out and going over them.. I will be taking 2 of them up to my blind a little later on. That way I can check up on my blind and see if the turkeys are still hanging around a few different areas. I will be using a pretty boy with a different stake so I can hook a string up to have him move a little when I want him to. As well as a widow maker to help the pretty boy look a little better.. Those will be set up at my blind. I also will be traveling with a foam jake and a feeding hen to use if I see any on my way to the blind. The feeding hen is what is left from a 3 pack of folded foam decoys. It came with another hen and a jake. Those 2 blew away one day and I never found them after that.. I may use the jake at my blind as well. Only setting him back farther to help draw the attention of a long beard into my pretty boy. The pretty boy will have a real fan attached to him from a tom I shot 2 years ago. I also trimmed his beard to look some what smaller.

Now the weather up here is supposed to be great! It is forecasted to be sunny most of the week with the temps ranging from 63 to 70 all week! Nice and cool in the mornings so it should make for the best hunting. I can hardly wait for tomorrow to get here!! I am hoping for blasting time early so as I can put a night cap on a nice long beard! Come on Monday morning.. Hurry up and get here... LOL

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-28-2013 at 01:07 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:03 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Go get em Phil! Your time is almost here. This has to have been torture for ya to have waited this long! Can't wait for a good story Monday afternoon!
Old 04-28-2013, 01:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes! I am hoping to have a great story as well.. I also see where there is at least 1 team member that is waiting until Wens. for his season to open up. Hopefully we can start putting some more long beards on the board!
Good luck to everyone that is still hunting or about to be.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:02 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Pin!!
Old 04-28-2013, 06:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had just got back from taking 2 decoys to my blind.. Out in front of my blind had turkeys in the grass with in a couple of days before.. You could see where they have been. It was a decent trip out there. I saw 4 long beards 2 of them together and the other 2 all alone.. None of them had any hens with them.
There were 3 jakes in one group by themselves and 1 jake with 10 to 12 hens with him.. I am hoping that those long beards do not have any hens with them tomorrow either. That should make it easier to call them in..
Old 04-28-2013, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm doing a fat guy victory dance!! Post pics a little later!
Old 04-28-2013, 09:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Mottz
I'm doing a fat guy victory dance!! Post pics a little later!
Congrats Mottz!!! I can hardly wait to see the pics!! I had a good feeling you could do it... WTG!

Now lets see those pics of your bird.. Oh yeah, Where is the story!! Me thinks I can get a victory dance in tomorrow.. At least I hope so..

NOW Where are those pics! I wanna see him..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.