Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
Team 5 ~ Hang em High >

Team 5 ~ Hang em High

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 5 ~ Hang em High

Old 04-26-2013, 05:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am sorry to hear about that j76! I have been routing for you and will continue to do so as well. If you can get a chance to get out again.. Good Luck to you..

Myself I am getting pumped up pretty hard now. I took a short ride tonight after I got home from work. I saw 6 different hens not all were together as well as one heck of a tom. He was around 120 yards running full tilt away from me. I could not tell for sure but I am betting he had at least 2 beards and maybe 3. He was a monster and was making tracks. The problem is where I saw him it will be like a highway come opening day. I will travel up by my blind to try and get one first. Then if that big one never got shot I may try for him later on. I also was fortunate enough to see 8 deer as well. I was only gone from here about an hour maybe at the longest.. I was hoping to do some scouting tomorrow afternoon but I had a change of plans and will be working instead. I will definitely do a trip up to my blind on Sunday morning. That way I will have a better chance of locating the ones that have made it threw youth day.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:17 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Ok, maybe just a quick hunt in the morning. Then takin the kids out to fish for some suckers in the river.
Just two days to go Phil!
Old 04-26-2013, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang j, that sucks! Keep at em. Phil, with the time that you've had to sit back and listen to our stories, you better end up with a great story for us.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:29 AM
Spike

Chadds Ford Insurance Agency - Anderson Insurance Agency is proud to serve the residents of Pennsylvania and provide to the community the most comprehensive Insurance products and services. We can cover you from your car Insurance, to your home Insurance, business Insurance and term life Insurance, We are here to help you with the best service and the best rates.
Chadds Ford Insurance Agency
Old 04-27-2013, 01:01 AM
j76
Typical Buck

These 4 am wake ups are starting to hurt a bit! Think I'm going back to where my dad shot his. Gonna stay high, hopefully they are there. Let em hit the ground, holler at em a bit and then get low in the creek bottom. If they play they play, if not then I'm outta there.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck j. Hoping for a success story from ya. Today would've been an excellent morning to be in the turkey woods. But I have a list of spring things to do and the weather is starting to straighten out enough that I can get them done. So bust a little butt on some things today and head out tomorrow. And I may even rent a helicopter to get the drop on em, ok maybe not, but I need to figure out a way to get on em. It'll happen!
Old 04-27-2013, 08:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good Luck to you j76! I hope you get to blast a cap on one.. YES! I can hardly wait to blast a cap on one myself! 2 more days! Yahooeee!! While I can not say for sure when I will be able to blast a cap on one.. I am betting it will be within a few days of my hunt..
Old 04-27-2013, 08:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Phil, with the time that you've had to sit back and listen to our stories, you better end up with a great story for us.
I am hoping to that is for sure. The way I see it I do not know why not! But, if not then you guys get to mess with me.. That would be a payback time.. LOL I am hoping to tag one fairly early to help our score and then I may go try for that biog one I saw last night..

On the way to work this morning I saw 2 pick-ups parked so thier kids could try to get one.. I hope they get to blast a cap on one. As those young uns are our future hunters..
Old 04-27-2013, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

Keep after them guys, I know some birds are gonna fall soon.

Phil, less than 2 days. Then you can finally bust a cap on one.

They have not updated the rankings in a while.

John
Old 04-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

Well finally got to get out and do some turkey hunting. Seen two longbeards and 3 jakes. Took this bird right by the blind and he came in and hit my decoy when he came in was pretty cool. Well the bird is 22.3 pounds and has a 9 1/4 inch beard with 1 1/4 spurs on both sides. Havent dont the officail score yet but wanted to go ahead and get this bird in the books for our team. Well have another tag yet to fill so have to try to get back out next weeknd. Good luck team.
Attached Thumbnails Team 5 ~ Hang em High-img_1888.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.