HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   The Archives (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/archives-70/)
-   -   Team 4 ~ Fan Clan 2013 Champions (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/archives/379513-team-4-fan-clan-2013-champions.html)

car 05-06-2013 03:19 PM

Congrats sdhunter, nice bird.

VTBoneCollector 05-07-2013 04:53 PM

Checking in! I scored on a Tom. It weighed in at 18.56 lbs with a 9.25 " beard and both spurs were 1". Hopefully I did this right. First time I've joined the Turkey contest. Good luck team 4

sdhunter11 05-08-2013 12:53 PM

Congrats VT, nice bird! Got any pics?

VTBoneCollector 05-08-2013 01:54 PM

I don't know how to post pics and I was hoping that someone could help me? Arrowmaster is suppose to post them for me but I would like to learn for myself.

colbea 05-08-2013 01:57 PM

Nice bird VT, it's entered. Don't how to post pictures, I still get my duaghter to post them for me.

VTBoneCollector 05-08-2013 01:59 PM

Working on it myself. I will try and get one of my daughters to do it. How do I see the standings for the contest?

colbea 05-08-2013 03:26 PM

Go to the contest standing thread. Click on the thumbnails, to view them.

sdhunter11 05-08-2013 04:00 PM

I can try to explain it but I am not very good at explaining. I have a photobucket account. Basically you go to www.photobucket.com and set up a free account just like you did for this website. Once you get your account set up you can UPLOAD photos from your computer to photobucket. Each picture you view on photobuck will have a IMG code for that particular photo just to the right of it on the screen. Copy the code and paste it on your message here and when you post your message your picture will appear. I hope this helps a little. Don't be afraid to pm me If I am online, I can probably walk you through it a little better that way.

VTBoneCollector 05-10-2013 05:13 PM

Hey colbea, tried the thumbnail but it won't do anything

VTBoneCollector 05-10-2013 05:30 PM

2013 Turkey

3 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH]Attachment 25559[/ATTACH]Attachment 25557

Hope this is how you post pics. This was probably my favorite turkey hunt just behind pulling a double off with my dad last season. Here is the story. My brother and I drove to an area that I knew held turkeys. I got out of my truck and did a couple of yelps and to my surprise, the turkey was only maybe 75 yards away. We hurried to get set up but the Tom never gobbled again. We decided to make a loop around the bird, calling every 50-75 yards. The Tom never gobbled until we almost made a complete loop back to my truck. We came out onto a 4wheeler trail and when I called, he hammered. We set up quickly and every time I called, he would gobble, He hung up a couple of times, and I thought he wasn't going to come in. So while I did some soft calling, I took my hand and scratched the ground to make him think she was feeding. That was the deal breaker for him. he couldn't take it anymore. I watched him strut through some raspberry bushes and then I could see his shadow coming between 2 trees. Once he stepped out, he got nothing but a thunder chicken migraine. A sunny day and in the woods with my hunting buddy, it doesn't get much better than that.