Team 3* ~ Turkey Dynasty >

Team 3* ~ Turkey Dynasty

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 3* ~ Turkey Dynasty

Old 03-05-2013, 05:30 AM
JW
Super Moderator

4 more to go........ If someone wants to step up and be Captain - hey great. While I will be busy with this contest - well it comes and goes.......I just input the scores and have a self made excel spreadsheet that does all the calculations!

What ever you boys and gals decide is fine with me......as you know I am here to help......

Dave....JW
Old 03-06-2013, 11:15 AM
Typical Buck

i could care less as far as a team name. the longbeard jellyheads. but ya jw or zim for captain.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

JW would be great if he would not mind doing it. Zim would also be good with me.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Hey JW, Where do you hunt? I am in your hood often. I inspect post offices for construction repairs and have 3 in Racine on my facility list. Many surrounding there also, and most of Milwaaukee. But I turkey hunt SW Wisconsin.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Spike

Anyone else going to hunt with a bow? Thinking I will try it out. What are you shooting 'manofthefall'? Im going to be using my mission venture and Magnus bullheads. If I can't connect with that ill have the trusty 12 gauge for backup!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt with a Diamond Edge. It's fairly compact as it is really a junior model. However, it's set at 60 pounds and has plenty of knock down power. It can go up to 70 pounds and out to 29". I am at 27 1/2". I am in an area with a fairly large number of turkeys. I will put one down for sure, but I'm really hoping to get a nice big one this year. My biggest so far was like 18 pounds and a 4 1/2" beard. I am a fairly new turkey hunter but am liking it more each year.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:36 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Zim
Hey JW, Where do you hunt? I am in your hood often. I inspect post offices for construction repairs and have 3 in Racine on my facility list. Many surrounding there also, and most of Milwaaukee. But I turkey hunt SW Wisconsin.

Really!! Well then we gotta meet up for coffee.......I do not hunt SE WI at all but do hunt Zone 1 Mauston to Reedsburg and then back up to Camp Doulgas to Oakdale and do hunt Fort McCoy.

I am in West Racine when home....

And I want to use the cross bow I have now.

Dave...JW
Old 03-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Typical Buck

Eric here checking in. Will be hunting NE Indiana. First year for turkey. Saw quite a few while deer hunting this fall and have some on cam. Going to get my cameras back out and see. Right now I'm working alot and have my 2nd boy being born anyday so I hope to get out some. Good luck to everyone else. And JW has my vote for captain.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:27 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Hey cool welcome elmoughler! My e-mail worked. Now if your e-mail was not listed here not to worry - it will stay that way. But being Contest Admin I gotta try to get you guys and gals all signed in!

Dave...JW
Old 03-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by ManofTheFall
I hunt with a Diamond Edge. It's fairly compact as it is really a junior model. However, it's set at 60 pounds and has plenty of knock down power. It can go up to 70 pounds and out to 29". I am at 27 1/2". I am in an area with a fairly large number of turkeys. I will put one down for sure, but I'm really hoping to get a nice big one this year. My biggest so far was like 18 pounds and a 4 1/2" beard. I am a fairly new turkey hunter but am liking it more each year.
Well good luck to you, hope you get a bigger bird. I'll be happy with any bird but Ill hold out for the 1st couple weeks for a big'un. Im going to be using my Mission Venture set at 27.5" and 65 lb. I actually want to try bumping up my draw length to 28.5" and see how that gets me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.