Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
Team 3* ~ Turkey Dynasty >

Team 3* ~ Turkey Dynasty

The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 3* ~ Turkey Dynasty

Old 05-11-2013, 11:59 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Saw a total of 17 toms yesterday 95% jakes! They are callable big boys are not..........I had tom or jake decoys out and now know to leave them in the truck.......Mr big boy sees a jake.......he ain't coming!

So mebbe today
Old 05-12-2013, 01:50 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Way cold for May 11th. Something its colder than a well diggers........I wonder if they will lock jaw today as I sit 444 am.

I know not to use jake decoys nor a strutter and only a hen or 2 but I put out 3
and we know not to yelp........clucking only today ......with maybe a cutt or two...so as I sip coffee welcome to JW'S double well beaten bull blind
Old 05-12-2013, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good morning JW. Hope the plan comes together today. What are the temps this morning?
Old 05-15-2013, 08:51 PM
Spike

Heading out tomorrow after work and maybe Friday morning. Wife and I are moving in a couple weeks to oregon so it's been hectic around here. Hopefully can put one down tomorrow
Old 05-15-2013, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I may have an opportunity to go out Friday evening. This will be my last chance. I know of a good roosting area so if I get out I will set up there and wait on them to go by me on their way to the roost and let one have it.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:49 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

I ended up really getting screwed out of my turkey hunting this spring due to a monster desk jockey project I got dumped on me smack dab in the prime 3 weeks I had planned. Glad I at least salvaged a bearded hen now. However, I will get to hunt the last 2 days of the Wisconsin season, Monday & Tuesday. And, I located a newly purchased isolated field cut off from the throngs due to high water in a ditch. Didn't look like anyone bothered to use waders to cross, so that is where I am going Monday. Not gambling on my hip waders, will be packin chest waders. Lots of skeeters guarding that area too.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, Friday afternoon my wife and I were involved in an accident and I did not get to go. Work schedule amongst several other problems/issues kept me out of the woods pretty much this spring. My season is over. Sorry I was unable to help out the team. Good luck to all that are still hunting.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Too bad about your season manofthefall. We have all had times like your having. Better luck next year.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

In case any of you were wondering, no one was hurt.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:15 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Team 3 Scoring Update

Better late than never! Second to the last day of the Wisconsin season I finally scored a mature tom. Taken on zone 2 public land.

Had 3 encounters with an awesome heavy Boss Hogg that frustrated me each time. The 1st time he hung up at 100 yards gobbling over 50 times at my Zink Avians. No dice. But at least I got the 2nd best looking tom at 3 PM after repositioning. Him and his buddy would not move off the end treeline for 6 hours, so I picked up and walked right at them from 300 yards. Then after they ran off, I hung a 90 degree angle to the far south side of their beloved treeline. After setting up, I got in the blind, and not 10 minutes later they both poked their heads out to check out the field. Boom boom from 38 yards!

He will upgrade my 9# bearded hen on the scoresheet. Not a giant, but 19#, 1" spurs, 9 1/2" beard. Respectable. Official score and photos to follow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.