Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds >

Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds

Old 05-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

i have til the 31st. long season but the birds are tuff to get this late in the year. Im trying tho
Old 05-13-2013, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just got back from a week at the beach. I didn't miss much hunting wise because they were drowning in rain here all week. I've got evenings to hunt and a week left in the season but not sure if I'll be able to sneak an evening hunt in this week. Cold front came through last night and it's supposed to snap by Wed with climbing temps. I have an all day hunt planned with the kids Saturday and that may be it for me. Hoping for a lonesome tom.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just thought I'd update anyone that doesn't know; Matt "Bald9Eagle" on team 1 lost his 17 year old daughter in a car accident April 30 and her sister is still in a coma. Please keep 14 year old Alison and her family in your prayers.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:55 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Talondale
Just thought I'd update anyone that doesn't know; Matt "Bald9Eagle" on team 1 lost his 17 year old daughter in a car accident April 30 and her sister is still in a coma. Please keep 14 year old Alison and her family in your prayers.
Man that really puts things in perspective doesn't it. I will definitely put that family in my prayers.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

Is anybody still hunting?
Old 05-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's beginning to look like we are finished. I think Talondale said he was going to hunt this weekend. Other than that, looks like it's over.If he can get a last minute kill, we may have a chance. I still think we're in good shape for overall kills, but that won't win the contest. We gave them a run anyway. Looks like this season was a good one for many hunters here. Lots of birds killed.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Typical Buck

I agree SS had a great season and a great time getting to trade story's with everyone
Old 05-19-2013, 08:43 AM
Spike

Im done hunting for the year. I had a tag for last weekend but i decided to take my brother hunting instead seeings how i already scored on a bird. I did get my brother his first turkey which was a jake but man was he still happy as all hell. I wasn't sure who was more excited me or him when he shot it. Good luck to yall who are still hunting. Hopefully we can take the win this year!
Old 05-20-2013, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I'm sorry to report I struck out. Took my kids with me and we had a good setup but didn't hear peep. We did some fishing after lunch with the plan to change locations for the evening hunt but we got rained out. If I was by myself I'd use the rain to sneak from field to field, as the turkey tend to go out in the fields during rain, but couldn't do that with three kids in tow. We had a great time and caught a lot of fish right up until the rain started. Sorry I couldn't contribute this year but I had some close calls and a tough year at the farm which usually produces. We didn't hear one bird on our property after seeing large flocks this fall. Makes me wonder if the poachers we found last fall are having an impact or its coyotes, or the tree thinning activity early this year.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm assuming the season is over for everyone here. We made a good run. Twenty birds ain't too bad. Looks like we are going to be a little short in winning the contest. We still may have the most birds though. We'll just have to wait and see.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.