Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds >

Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds

Old 04-20-2013, 04:18 AM
Typical Buck

Just shot a turkey at 7:00 this mourning. Will fill you guys in with pics and story!!!
Old 04-20-2013, 06:24 AM
Fork Horn

Way to go man! your really putting them down!
Old 04-20-2013, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

First off I would like to give thanks and the glory to God for allowing me to harvest this turkey and spend time in his creation. I didn't know exactly were this turkey would roost since he changed roost on me the night before opening morning(complete opposite direction) so I sat and waited in the middle for him to gobble. He gobbled a little after six from his new roost site. I headed down the four wheeler trail and snuck in as close as I felt comfortable with. Once he flew down I called to him and he would answer my calls but I could tell he was moving away with each gobble. I was about to make a move and try to get around him when I used my haint gobble call. He gobbled back at me and I gobbled back at him. I could tell that he was coming back my way. I would yelp and then gobble at him sparingly. He hung up in thicket but eventually made his way through it. He gobbled one more time and that would be his last. He came in walking down the trail spitting and drumming, and I folded him up at fifteen Yards. He weighed 16.11 had a 10in beard and 5/8in spurs. As soon as I can figure how to load pics I will post them.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:17 AM
Typical Buck

I went out to another spot that I have permission to hunt this morning. Did not hear any turkeys.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:37 AM
Spike

Congrats on the bird!! Another one on the board
Old 04-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got back from Texas with two more Rios. That makes 6 for the season and I am done. Actually one of them was a mistake. I hunted two longbeards Friday and Saturday but could not get them to work. I called in plenty of jakes, but the longbeards were few and far between. This morning about 9:30 I finally got the two longbeards to work. I had two tags left but decided to take only one of them. When they finally separated I took one of them. What I didn't know was there was a jake standing behind them in the brush. I never saw him. When the longbeard went down I saw another bird flopping behind him. I thought oh my God, I hope that's not a hen. I walked up to the flopping bird and fortunately it wasn't a hen. He was 20 yards in the brush behind where I shot the longbeard, which was 35 yards away himself. He was standing in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's a good thing I had two tags left. The longbeard weighed 19.1 lbs., 10" beard, and 1 1/8" spurs. The jake, which was actually large for a jake, weighed 16 lbs. 14 oz., had a 6" beard, and 1/2" spurs. The longbeard scored 61.5625 and the jake scoed 38.875. Congrats Swamp on your bird.
Attached Thumbnails Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds-100_2497.jpg   Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds-100_2499.jpg   Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds-100_2490.jpg  
Old 04-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

Just got back from a 3 day hunt. 3 birds, 1 2 year old tom, and a couple jakes for the fryer. I'll post pics tomorrow.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:45 AM
Fork Horn

Way to put the small down guys! I've got 5 days Til I can get out in the woods. Won't be the shooter but taking out a youth. We have had birds all over our youth day spot. Blind is all set up just have to hope they don't change there pattern witch they already have a little. They are starting to split up. Had 11 toms roosting in our spot down to 2
Old 04-22-2013, 06:48 AM
Spike

I got one this last weekend. I went with my dad, which is always fun. We got on them in the morning and dad's bird came in first and he laid it down. After he shot I cackled really loud and started purring and the other two toms ran over and started flogging the bird my dad just shot! So I did the only thing I could do and laid the biggest bird down. It was a hunt I'll never forget, I know I have only so many hunts left with my dad. Not to mention hunts where we double.

11 inch beard
1.25 spurs
24 lbs
Attached Thumbnails Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds-turkey1.jpg   Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds-turkey3.jpg   Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds-turkey4.jpg   Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds-turkey5.jpg  
Old 04-22-2013, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow! Things are getting hot. Congrats to all you guys scoring. I had a wedding for my niece this weekend so I was out of town and out of the woods. Hope to go back to family farm either this weekend or next, still not sure, but will be out somewhere Sat. morning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.