Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds >

Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds

Old 04-13-2013, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

Season opened today but the Ol" toms did not read the script. My son and I had seveal around us but none came in to set up. Back at it again in the morning.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:03 AM
Fork Horn

Go get them man! Good luck
Old 04-14-2013, 08:51 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by superstrutter
Your season opened Wednesday and closes next Tuesday?
here in wisconsin we have 6 periods and each one is 6 days. I have the first and 5th period
Old 04-14-2013, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

Went out to the same spot I was at Friday morning and did not hear a single bird. Friday they were hammering at every nose in the woods. This morning was overcast and not as cold. Youth season started Saturday hopefully all the birds didn't get shot by youth hunters
Old 04-14-2013, 06:09 PM
Spike

well boys i hammered one this evening at 6:36. 22 lbs 6 oz. 3/4inch spurs and a 9 inch beard. weather conditions were brutal this season and they toms just weren't gobbling. i'm pretty happy with this bird, i hunted my butt off for him. now do i post the score and picture or does the captain? he scored 55.375. i can't get the picture to upload. would someone be willing to resize it for me because i have no clue how to do it.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:55 PM
Typical Buck

BB outdoors congrants on the bird. Today was wild for my son and I as we called one off roost. This bird flew down in a small field about 200 yards from us and then started sturting in the cut out though the woods where the tractor goes. This bird seen our decoys and would not come in. After about 30 min. of playing with this bird I tried to stalk him. I was around 30 to 35 yards from him and almost ready to come to full draw when he spotted me, game over but lots of fun.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry for not posting back RVT. I went out to roost some birds Friday night and didn't hear a single one. The wind was picking up but skies were clear. When I got back to the house I got my gear ready for the morning but couldn't find my license. A frantic search ensued with me checking everywhere. I finally found it where I normally place it at the end of the season but something had covered it up. My National Forest stamp was expired, that day, and I had to go online to buy another. After all that it was well past time for me to be in bed.

Next morning I got to the road I wanted and some joker had closed the gate (national forest gate). I opened it up and went on up. Without a gobble the night before I was torn between two spots ( a creek and a bench) so I got set up between them where I could hear both and pull them to me. Wind was steady now and making it hard to hear, not to mention a little chilly. Didn't hear anything for the first part of the morning but heard a gobble around 8 AM coming from the direction of the creek. He didn't respond to my calls and sounding like he was moving up the creek. I was trying to decide on moving on him since past experience told me where he was going. Two other hunters walking up to the bench a few minutes later made the decision easier. I walked around the mountain to where the creek goes into a steep hollow. Before entering the hollow I called to try and pinpoint the gobbler. Last year, in almost the exact same scenario, I had got impatient in the last 100 yards and walked right up on them. A gobbler cut off my call. Unfortunately, instead of being up ahead of me in the hollow he was straight below me about a hundred yards away on the creek. I was backlit by the sun and as I tried to setup he spotted me and I saw 3 gobblers heading for dodge on the other mountain. Nothing else was seen or heard that day.

I had to come in to work this morning and will leave at lunch. It's raining and my buddy is out hunting in it. Rain possible in the AM tomorrow and nicer on Wed, 80 degrees. We can only hunt until Noon until May. Will be offline for the next 3 days. Hope to connect as the birds on the farm we are going to are unpressured and dumb.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats BB!
Old 04-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BB Outdoors
well boys i hammered one this evening at 6:36. 22 lbs 6 oz. 3/4inch spurs and a 9 inch beard. weather conditions were brutal this season and they toms just weren't gobbling. i'm pretty happy with this bird, i hunted my butt off for him. now do i post the score and picture or does the captain? he scored 55.375. i can't get the picture to upload. would someone be willing to resize it for me because i have no clue how to do it.
Nice job. I'll post the score. You can resize the pic on paint. Just hit skew and resize it. It may be easier to put the pic on desktop then resize it. Congrats on your bird.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:34 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats bb on your turkey!! I'd take one like that every year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.