Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds >

Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds

Old 03-22-2013, 11:50 AM
Typical Buck

Cool pic white farm. I love how they will end in the strangest places on camera and then u can't find one in the woods when you are hunting them. Thanks for sharing that pic
Old 03-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

I drove down to the back of my property after work this afternoon and six or seven hens flew across the creek. I don't think that there was a Tom with them. Should there be a Tom with them this time of year?
Old 03-22-2013, 07:40 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by swampbuster
Cool pic white farm. I love how they will end in the strangest places on camera and then u can't find one in the woods when you are hunting them. Thanks for sharing that pic
Yep, I hear ya, and happy to share pics, hopefully more to come in the next month. I really hope he's around come May, but you never know! If he's here, my owl hooter and I will find him! But a few years ago when the population was low, we had just 1 long beard around all winter. One day before the season we found him, spread in a 30ft circle, nothing but feathers and beard left :-(. Most likely a fox or coyote. We (mostly my father since I'm a visitor to the hunting grounds and not retired) put a hurting on the predators this Winter, so hopefully more survive(d). Night vision, motion detectors, cameras etc. helped get rid of foxes, coyotes and raccoons all Winter long. Can't get 'em all though.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:43 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by swampbuster
I drove down to the back of my property after work this afternoon and six or seven hens flew across the creek. I don't think that there was a Tom with them. Should there be a Tom with them this time of year?
I don't know the AR season timing at all, but in general being around hens during the season can't be bad. They don't impregnate themselves!! Somewhat like deer in the fall, hang around does long enough, and a buck is bound to wander in.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

First part of my plan done. I got this Louisiana longbeard at 8:45 this morning. He weighs 17.4 lbs., has a 10" beard, and matching 1 inch spurs. My story will be on the bragging board. He scores 57.25
Attached Thumbnails Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds-100_2389.jpg  
Old 03-23-2013, 12:34 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by superstrutter
First part of my plan done. I got this Louisiana longbeard at 8:45 this morning. He weighs 17.4 lbs., has a 10" beard, and matching 1 inch spurs. My story will be on the bragging board. He scores 57.25
Great work! Nice bird with a perfect tail. His head looks about the same size as yours! Must be swollen from all the pellets.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Spike

Way to get us on the board! Congrats on the bird!
Old 03-24-2013, 12:22 PM
Typical Buck

Way to go ss. Congrats on your first turkey of the year
Old 03-24-2013, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

Way to go man nice bird!
Old 03-24-2013, 11:21 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats to Superstrutter. My son and I went out this morning and watched 4 toms in one field and then found two more toms on another property. Hopefully this will be a good season for us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.