Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits >

Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits

Old 03-23-2013, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Traveling Fur Hunter
Im so sorry all. We have a family trip coming in about a month, and seeing as how I dont have drivers license, I cant hunt until this fall or next spring. Sorry again. Hope I havent caused any problem. I'll be your man next year I promise.

Thats too bad. Have a good one
Old 03-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the Team Buckmark. Our season is a month away also,heard the first gobble of the year this morning in the Hoosier National Forest,real nice Bird got a look at him coming out of a tree. Also got my first trail cam pic of a decent Tom last night in the woods behind my house. He's not what I'm gunning for but a decent Bird. Once again welcome and get er done for the Team.
Attached Thumbnails Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits-311.jpg  
Old 03-24-2013, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I reside in Carol Stream

quote=hunting junkie;4045792]Welcome buckmark....what town you live in in illinois[/quote]
Old 03-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well my buddy went Saturday morning without me and sat in my blind on my property during thunder and lightning, and whacked a nice bird with inch spurs and a 10" beard. He never gobbled, just came cruising by the blind in the rain with 2 of his buddies. I wasn't able to go because wife and I have been house hunting and finally found one to make an offer on.......busy as crap needless to say, and perfect timing right?! But I snuck off this morning and went back to where he killed his and called up a bunch of hens and jakes. Next weekend oughta be great after a few warm days late in the week.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SouthernStrut56
Well my buddy went Saturday morning without me and sat in my blind on my property during thunder and lightning, and whacked a nice bird with inch spurs and a 10" beard. He never gobbled, just came cruising by the blind in the rain with 2 of his buddies. I wasn't able to go because wife and I have been house hunting and finally found one to make an offer on.......busy as crap needless to say, and perfect timing right?! But I snuck off this morning and went back to where he killed his and called up a bunch of hens and jakes. Next weekend oughta be great after a few warm days late in the week.

Stay after em SS56...sounds like a matter of time
Old 03-26-2013, 04:22 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SouthernStrut56
I guess if there was ever a good time to house hunt during turkey season the last two weeks have been it. The good thing about the weather and lack of gobbling is that it will separate the turkey hunters from the guys that hunt turkeys. I've already heard about guys grumbling that the club they were in didn't have birds and they weren't going to be back next year. Another guy in the same club said he has heard five birds but they only gobbled 1-2 times apiece. I love it.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:30 AM
Typical Buck

Funny thing about Alabama. Last year the birds started early. Should be a lot of "super jakes" this year. Starting late this year. Gonna be a late hatch.

I've always heard that length of day was a driver for the breeding cycle to start. I'm beginning to think that the toms don't start the gobbling until the hens tell them to. I am wondering if ground temp encourages hens to start nesting which leads to toms having to seek out the hens. Anybody read up on nesting/flock breakup/peak gobbling?
Old 03-26-2013, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well team mate one things for sure they will sooner or later be talking to us. I'm personally looking forward to that exchange in about a month,and I plan on having the last word,BANG!
Old 03-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome buckmark
I am from IL to and I have a month till I go hunt IL. I have 3 and 5 season. I am going to Nebraska in April. I live in Canton, IL
Old 03-26-2013, 05:52 PM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Hey Guys, I can't get an email back to get DTC Jr logged on so I hope it's ok for me to post for him if he has any luck. The youth season in MO opens a week from Saturday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.