HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   The Archives (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/archives-70/)
-   -   Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/archives/377666-team-1-beard-bandits.html)

SouthernStrut56 02-17-2013 07:24 PM

What part of Tennessee you gonna try and hunt baldeagle?

I think the weather here in Alabama is looking pretty good for the next couple of weeks to keep the birds layin low. I think they'll be kickin in high gear the first week or two of the season. I haven't been able to get out to the land and listen or scout lately. You guys in bama got any scouting reports from the past week or two?

hunting junkie 02-19-2013 04:33 PM

hj is here and ready......how are you fellows doing...not much ice up here so been doing a little salmon fishing,,,,still a little earliy but its something to do....and of course this will be everyone to team 1 this year again :hail:

SouthernStrut56 02-19-2013 07:24 PM

24 Days and Counting...

We got anybody hunting Florida's opening day this year?

Arrowmaster 02-19-2013 07:48 PM

Hey HJ how are ya?. Damn SS you got my fever pumped up... :)

Arrowmaster 02-23-2013 08:09 AM

Well I finalized my plans for Nebraska this year. I'll be hunting Missouri, Indiana and Nebraska. Come on grand slam. I might finish it this year. Wheres everyone else hunting this year... I can feel the rush coming :)

doetrain 02-25-2013 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Arrowmaster (Post 4036040)
I havent yet. I will send some PMs. :)

Got some replacements in mind Arrowmaster? I might round up one or two if we need new team members. Got a Buddy and some sons that wack good ones each year.

bald9eagle 02-25-2013 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by SouthernStrut56 (Post 4037021)
What part of Tennessee you gonna try and hunt baldeagle?

I think the weather here in Alabama is looking pretty good for the next couple of weeks to keep the birds layin low. I think they'll be kickin in high gear the first week or two of the season. I haven't been able to get out to the land and listen or scout lately. You guys in bama got any scouting reports from the past week or two?

I've got a buddy that hunts Tie Camp. I'm thinking about going to Eagle Creek. My father-in-law has a lease just across the state line that has tons of birds.

Haven't done any scouting yet. I want to get out to Black Warrior and check out a few spots. Any of you guys ever hunted Choccolocco WMA? One of my buddies wants to check it out but I hate to leave birds to find birds.

bald9eagle 02-25-2013 12:04 PM

Just checked out your FB page SS. Nice looking calls. I especially like the AU one. I will be using my own brand :) this year.

SouthernStrut56 02-25-2013 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by bald9eagle (Post 4038647)
Just checked out your FB page SS. Nice looking calls. I especially like the AU one. I will be using my own brand :) this year.

Thanks man I appreciate it! I've had a lot of good success with my calls, especially the diaphragms and double sided calls. What kind of calls do you make and how long you been doing it?

I've hunted Choccolocco a couple of times but never hit it just right because I was hunting my own property during those peak times. That WMA has the highest harvest numbers year after year in the state. There are supposedly birds all over the place and there are people who have great success up there. I wouldn't mind planning a weekend to meet up with you and hunt it a time or two if you think you'll be heading that way. I've got a buddy who deer hunts up there a lot and knows some places where we could probably get away from the crowd. Let me know and we'll try to plan something in April.

bald9eagle 02-26-2013 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by SouthernStrut56 (Post 4038726)
Thanks man I appreciate it! I've had a lot of good success with my calls, especially the diaphragms and double sided calls. What kind of calls do you make and how long you been doing it?

I've hunted Choccolocco a couple of times but never hit it just right because I was hunting my own property during those peak times. That WMA has the highest harvest numbers year after year in the state. There are supposedly birds all over the place and there are people who have great success up there. I wouldn't mind planning a weekend to meet up with you and hunt it a time or two if you think you'll be heading that way. I've got a buddy who deer hunts up there a lot and knows some places where we could probably get away from the crowd. Let me know and we'll try to plan something in April.

I just started making calls about September or so. Had a heart attack in July so I needed to find an outlet to get me off the couch. Bought a small lathe and studied up on it. I think I make a pretty good sounding call, at least to my ears. Maybe I can take a good enough picture to share.

As for Choccolocco, my buddy wants to try it on opening day. We have hunted Oakmulgee the last 5 seasons. He saw the numbers on Choccolocco and wants to try it. I'm concerned about pressure being that close to Anniston/Oxford. If it looks like I will be able to get back down there in April I'll let you know.