HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   The Archives (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/archives-70/)
-   -   Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/archives/377666-team-1-beard-bandits.html)

SouthernStrut56 06-11-2013 05:42 PM

Doetrain, it happens to the best of us. Last year I got skunked and we still won, this year I got two birds and we lost......so it isn't one person who wins it or loses it, it's a whole team. We sure had a good run at it again this year and I enjoyed having you all as teammates. I'd love to have any one of you guys come hunt with me if you're ever down around central alabama.

To update you all on Matt's daughter Alison, she is doing GREAT! Although they aren't considering her state as "awake" yet, she is opening an eye or two and will smile on command. They say she is slowly moving towards waking up completely. The pressure on her brain has subsided and they were able to remove the trache. They are actually moving her tomorrow to a place in Atlanta to continue recovery. What a blessing it is. Many prayers were heard and I know they all appreciate your continued thoughts and prayers.

turkman1 06-12-2013 03:17 AM

So who won it?

doetrain 06-12-2013 03:38 AM

Team 4 The Fan Club Turkman by around 3 points we got real close real close.

turkman1 06-12-2013 03:45 PM

I just got a jake last year and we won. This year I shot a big turk and we lost, oh well thats how it goes.
But did shot 3 turks with my bow. I was happy about that.

Arrowmaster 06-12-2013 07:20 PM

We still did a good job this year. Thanks guys Ive had a great time. Im glad Matts daughter is doing better. That means more to me than returning as champs. Matt your family is still in my prayers. God bless each and everyone of my teammates and your familys. HMMM I think I have an idea for next seasons contest. Stay tuned and just maybe this team will all return next year.

bald9eagle 06-15-2013 05:12 AM

It was both a great year and a terrible year. This year I had a lot of birds come to my calls. I took my first bird with a call that I had produced myself. I missed way too many birds.

I was blessed to have carried my oldest daughter on a few hunts this year. We started the year off in February at the NWTF convention together. I bought her a new turkey vest and a nice box call. She got to work a bird with her granddad using that call.

When I lost her on April 30th I thought that I wouldn't ever want to hunt again. My brother said it best. Is that what she would have wanted?

Thanks for all the prayers guys. I hope we can get together again next year.

turkman1 06-17-2013 02:54 AM

I like to congratulate Team 4 for winning the 2013 turkey hunt.

Turkman

doetrain 06-17-2013 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by bald9eagle (Post 4062912)
It was both a great year and a terrible year. This year I had a lot of birds come to my calls. I took my first bird with a call that I had produced myself. I missed way too many birds.

I was blessed to have carried my oldest daughter on a few hunts this year. We started the year off in February at the NWTF convention together. I bought her a new turkey vest and a nice box call. She got to work a bird with her granddad using that call.

When I lost her on April 30th I thought that I wouldn't ever want to hunt again. My brother said it best. Is that what she would have wanted?

Thanks for all the prayers guys. I hope we can get together again next year.

And I as well Brother. How is the young one doing? Have not heard about her condition in a while,still in our prayers to the Father of mercies for her.

doetrain 06-18-2013 06:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well Team Mates here is the Tom I missed and 5 days later had the neighbors dog run off the day before our season ended. This picture is from June the 11th. he is still looking for love and best of all alive for fall. Just maybe I'll get him then. He would have given us the win but it was not meant to be I guess.

EFH 06-19-2013 06:49 PM

Man....that was a close one! I want y'all to know I had a great time being on this team. I was just as excited about getting home and posting a bird on here as I was showing my hunting partners. Don't know what Arrows got up his sleeve, but it would be an honor to call you teammates again! Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable off season. Matt, you and your family are still in our prayers!