Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits >

Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits

Old 05-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

I am a team 6 guy, but as a father of a 17 y/o daughter it hits home. I am also a paramedic and ff and have been there. My heart breaks for you and yours as does my family. We are Christian folks and will be praying. Arrow and Ethan, get me some info on the family and PM- pictures or something about the young lady. I want to do something special for him.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

I haven't read through the board but wanted to just give you guys an update. We laid Caitlyn to rest Sunday in probably the best service I have ever seen. It was perfect.

Alison is still in a coma and had a bad set back Saturday. Please keep her in your prayers. Good luck on the remainder of you seasons and God bless.
Matt Martin
Old 05-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Beard Bandits are praying hard Matt.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smile

Originally Posted by bald9eagle
I haven't read through the board but wanted to just give you guys an update. We laid Caitlyn to rest Sunday in probably the best service I have ever seen. It was perfect.

Alison is still in a coma and had a bad set back Saturday. Please keep her in your prayers. Good luck on the remainder of you seasons and God bless.
Matt Martin
You have endless prayer being offered to the Father for your wounded Sparrow my Brother. Anna and I will continue to pour out our hearts with you and your Beloved on her behalf before the Throne of grace to our merciful and faithful High Priest King JESUS! It delights my heart to hear that the Lord drew near as you said good bye to you Daughter for a season. We have the sure Hope the Blessed Hope of the Resurrection in our Risen Lord. Press on in the Faith even though you and yours have suffered a dark Providence at this time in life. Be strong and of good courage the Lord is with you and will be your comfort in this time of mourning. The Lord bless and keep you in His peace and perfect love.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunted all day yesterday no birds anywhere. I had a yearling Buck in front of me for 20 minutes though so I did enjoy that while waiting for Tom to come by. Niether he nor miss Tom showed. My honey hole which I save for tough times in Memphis IN and where I got my 23lb. bird last year was over run with Trespassers. I found 3 blinds strung up in my favorite area and the foot traffic was on every inch of the 80 acres. So Memphis will not be where I get my 4th. Turkey this year, I have killed a bird there every year I have hunted. I'm at work ran out of vaction days and will get back out Friday evening and Saturday all day rain or shine for 3 last hunts for Spring Turkey. Sunday is the last day of the season,with Mothers Day and church in the morming I may get one last evening hunt in before the clock runs out. Wish me luck Team,I can't blame anyone but myself after missing 2 so far this season. Just maybe GOD helping me I will get one here at the end of a good season of hunting,I have had a rich time in the woods and I am thankful to GOD for the time I've had thus far. What a priviledge to be in this Country and do what we enjoy doing every hunting season, I enjoy the Forest so much and being able to have friends hunt with me makes it a great time. GOD bless the Teams effort,just maybe we will win and honor Matt with a 2nd. title this year. Later

Last edited by doetrain; 05-09-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very well said on both posts doetrain. It really is a blessing to be able to do what we do.

Now go out and get that bird this weekend doetrain!

Also, if some of you haven't been following Matt's updates over the past day or two, I'm happy to tell you that Alison has had a much better day today. Matt says to keep sending up prayers because God is hearing them all.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:48 AM
EFH
Typical Buck

Very good to hear Blake!

Go get em doetrain!
Old 05-10-2013, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had some hope on todays hunt when I spotted 2 Toms and a Hen 90 yards out in the field where I missed a bird Monday. One of them was the bird I missed he was sparring with a smaller Tom over the Hen. I watched for over half and hour before calling trying to figure out which way they were heading. They were moving right so I redeployed and set up my best Hen decoy trying to lure they new guy toward me. No dice they are most definitely call shy and I know one of them was shot at by me and who knows who else. I finally decided to crawl out to where they were since they would not come near any cover. I got within 40 yards but snapped a corn stalk nub the field was full of them and they were gone like a flash. So after sitting in the rain and crawling around on soaked ground I just came home wet and alone again. One more day with thank the Lord no rain will hunt from dawn to dusk Team Mates trying to help our total points. I will continue to give it my all that's all I know to do. Good birds are still being taken but not with ease. The young lady is one of my youth hunters I have taken out for 3 years straight. She got another bird on her own a 23lb. 11 1/2 Beard and 1 1/8 Spurs, I tried to get her on our team but Arrowmaster had a list of people ahead of her. This would have been one of our birds if she was on our team. The 2nd. picture is my buddy Mike this bird walked to him from 700 yards away without a call. He simply was set up were the bird was going it took 2 hours for it to get within 30 yards. Turkey Girls bird was taken without a call as well she was leaving the hunting area and heard him gobble she got the drop on him at 40 yards with a 20 gage. These guys give hope to me that I just might get one as well on the last day. Later
Attached Thumbnails Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits-resampled952013-05-049507-53-4395460.jpg   Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits-0509131358.jpg  

Last edited by doetrain; 05-10-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:00 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Good lookin birds there! Like how you stay after them till the end....I'm still pulling for you bro
Old 05-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Spike

Go get them doetrain!!!��

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.