HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   The Archives (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/archives-70/)
-   -   Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/archives/377666-team-1-beard-bandits.html)

Arrowmaster 03-23-2013 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Traveling Fur Hunter (Post 4045271)
Im so sorry all. We have a family trip coming in about a month, and seeing as how I dont have drivers license, I cant hunt until this fall or next spring. Sorry again. Hope I havent caused any problem. I'll be your man next year I promise.

Thats too bad. Have a good one :)

doetrain 03-23-2013 04:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to the Team Buckmark. Our season is a month away also,heard the first gobble of the year this morning in the Hoosier National Forest,real nice Bird got a look at him coming out of a tree. Also got my first trail cam pic of a decent Tom last night in the woods behind my house. He's not what I'm gunning for but a decent Bird. Once again welcome and get er done for the Team.:party0007:

BUCKMARK 03-24-2013 11:13 AM

I reside in Carol Stream

quote=hunting junkie;4045792]Welcome buckmark....what town you live in in illinois[/quote]

SouthernStrut56 03-24-2013 01:57 PM

Well my buddy went Saturday morning without me and sat in my blind on my property during thunder and lightning, and whacked a nice bird with inch spurs and a 10" beard. He never gobbled, just came cruising by the blind in the rain with 2 of his buddies. I wasn't able to go because wife and I have been house hunting and finally found one to make an offer on.......busy as crap needless to say, and perfect timing right?! But I snuck off this morning and went back to where he killed his and called up a bunch of hens and jakes. Next weekend oughta be great after a few warm days late in the week.

hunting junkie 03-25-2013 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by SouthernStrut56 (Post 4046020)
Well my buddy went Saturday morning without me and sat in my blind on my property during thunder and lightning, and whacked a nice bird with inch spurs and a 10" beard. He never gobbled, just came cruising by the blind in the rain with 2 of his buddies. I wasn't able to go because wife and I have been house hunting and finally found one to make an offer on.......busy as crap needless to say, and perfect timing right?! But I snuck off this morning and went back to where he killed his and called up a bunch of hens and jakes. Next weekend oughta be great after a few warm days late in the week.

Stay after em SS56...sounds like a matter of time

bald9eagle 03-26-2013 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by SouthernStrut56 (Post 4046020)

I guess if there was ever a good time to house hunt during turkey season the last two weeks have been it. The good thing about the weather and lack of gobbling is that it will separate the turkey hunters from the guys that hunt turkeys. I've already heard about guys grumbling that the club they were in didn't have birds and they weren't going to be back next year. Another guy in the same club said he has heard five birds but they only gobbled 1-2 times apiece. I love it.

bald9eagle 03-26-2013 04:30 AM

Funny thing about Alabama. Last year the birds started early. Should be a lot of "super jakes" this year. Starting late this year. Gonna be a late hatch.

I've always heard that length of day was a driver for the breeding cycle to start. I'm beginning to think that the toms don't start the gobbling until the hens tell them to. I am wondering if ground temp encourages hens to start nesting which leads to toms having to seek out the hens. Anybody read up on nesting/flock breakup/peak gobbling?

doetrain 03-26-2013 05:05 AM

Well team mate one things for sure they will sooner or later be talking to us. I'm personally looking forward to that exchange in about a month,and I plan on having the last word,BANG!

turkman1 03-26-2013 05:42 PM

Welcome buckmark
I am from IL to and I have a month till I go hunt IL. I have 3 and 5 season. I am going to Nebraska in April. I live in Canton, IL

DTC 03-26-2013 05:52 PM

Hey Guys, I can't get an email back to get DTC Jr logged on so I hope it's ok for me to post for him if he has any luck. The youth season in MO opens a week from Saturday.