Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 1 Checkin

Old 09-28-2008, 01:20 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Default Team 1 Checkin

Hey I get to hunt this Fall as I missed spring due to surgery. Forced me to cancel - but I still snuck out and against Docs orders waxed a real nice bird one handed.

Anyhow JW here - gonna Fall hunt Wisconsin. I see a few familar names on this list, Please check in and we will get down to picking a Captain and a Team name

1. JW! checked in
2. SouthernStrut56 checked in
3. turkeygirl2

4. MrGobbler43checked in
5. Tikka 30-06 checked in
6. ryan08rb
7. HuntingEd checked in
JW
Old 09-30-2008, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 1 Checkin

Hey all,
Just checking in... Should be a decent season this year, I'm going to try to take one w/ a bow! I live an MD and do the majority of my Turkey hunting in VA, but we have some birds around MD too. I might be heading to VA for the bow opener this weekend and will take a bird at first chance!
Old 09-30-2008, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey fellas,
Looks like we have a good team, like JW I see a few familiar names, should be fun. I'll be bowhunting turkeys this fall here in Alabama, whenever I can find the free time away from classes. I have a very rough semester this fall, so my hunting days may be limited.I'm more than likely gonna try out the bullheads by magnus,and not use a ground blind of any kind. I may be crazy but Iseriously think I can pull it off in a couple of places at my land. IF and only IF I can't get that working for me I'll bust out the shotgun and smoke us one. Food plots are starting to come up and I've seen a pretty good bit of turkey poo in 'em, so hopefully I'll be able to connect on a couple. I had more turkeys and more gobbling this past spring than ever, and ended up taking 3 nice hard gobbling fieldbirds. It was afun season. Should be a good fall season this year too, good luck to everybody!
Old 10-01-2008, 02:11 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Hey we have almost 50% of our team - any ideas on a name or captain(s)?

I am helping keep track of this contest as I did in Spring - just a FYI

JW
Old 10-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm here to guys! Not much experience with turkey hunting honestly. Went out last weekend and didn't see anything and I plan on getting out this weekend to. Got a pretty good area to hunt, and a friend showing me the ropes. Im going out with strictly bow though, incase I get a shot at a deer to. So, we will have to wait and see what happens. Good luck all!!
Old 10-03-2008, 12:22 PM

Ok JW ya got me checked in now been a busy summer but its about done i'll be starting to fall turkey hunt here in about 2 weeks i'll keep ya'll informed

Carl
Old 10-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went up to my land yesterday tocheck food plots and scout a little more for deer season. I drove to thewest end ofthe propertyto an area I cut but haven't planted yet, and when I turned the corner I saw a fewheads stickin up. I pulled the truck up almost in full view of em about 120 yards away, and watched two deer and 7 big longbeards feed for about 20 minutes or so. They saw my truck and never spooked. A few had big old thick beards about 10 inches long, the others were about average 7 or 8 inch beards. Good sign, especially for a plot that hasn't been planted yet. Our bow season opens in 10 days, but fall turkey doesn't come in until late November when gun deer season opens. Hopefully they'll hang around to letme smoke one or two of em. Watchin those toms got my pumped, can't wait!
Old 10-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

Hey team! Sorry I haven't checked in quicker! Nursing school is bogging me down! Anyway turkey starts this Saturday along with deer archery so it's gonna be jammed packed. Haven't gotten to do any scouting but I have the idea of where to find em, not too mention when the corn gets cut, I know exactly what field to hunt, hee hee

Good luck guys!
Old 10-15-2008, 08:09 PM
JW
Super Moderator

good luck to all

JW
Old 10-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Going out this weekend, I will shoot a turkey if presented w/ a shot...

Quick Reply: Team 1 Checkin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.