Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
 Team 7 "Jelly Heads" >

Team 7 "Jelly Heads"

The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 7 "Jelly Heads"

Old 03-03-2008, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Team 7 "Jelly Heads"

Where ya at Team 7? As the other teams have done, let's get to know each other!

I'm Sonny Simpson. I'm 34 and live in New Jerseyand I'm a painting contractor by trade.I'll be starting the season out in Florida then going to Georgia then coming back to NJ to finish out the season. I've been hunting for most of my life but have only recently been turned on to turkey hunting. This will be my second year turkey hunting.I'm sick with myself for missing so much time in the turkey woods by not starting turkey hunting earlier![:'(]Anyway, let's have some fun and get some big birds this year lucky 7! Simp
Old 03-03-2008, 04:25 PM

Default RE: Team 7 check in

My name is Isaac im 14 and i live in nothern ohio. I've been hunting turkeys and killed my first gobbler last year. hopin to get two this year one with my pardner pump 12 ga. and one with my fred bear bow.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Typical Buck

I'ma United Methodistpastor serving in Hartford, AL. I'm34 years old with three lovely kids, beautiful wife, and agolden retriever. My life is great, but fixing to get a lot better come March 15!I'm taking a kid from the church out to the youth hunt at Fort Ruckerthis Saturday. Then it is on to my seasonnext Saturday through April 30. Last year, I contributedto my team and hope to do the same this year. I've got lots of birds around, if I don't screw it up.

When does everybody's season run? - March 15-April 30 for me.

I've gotten some pictures posted on and will share some more as the season comes in. By the way, the year in the pic is wrong... I have fixed the camera, the next pics should be correct. It should read 2008.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, I've been hunting for about 37 years. I've been a serious turkey hunter for over 10 years. I mainly hunt on my property down here in north Louisiana. I've got two nice longbeards on my place as of now that I will be chasing this season. I will also be going to Tennessee a few times. BTW, my name is Mike. Lets have a great season.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

You guys ready?!!! What about a name?

Old 03-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Typical Buck

As far as names go, I recommend Team 7th Legion, from Tom Kelly's classic turkey hunting book called Tenth Legion. He invited turkey hunters to become members of "the legion." Of course, with our team being #7 it would be confusing to be the Tenth Legion, so we could be our group of elite turkey hunters called the Seventh Legion or just "The Legion." .... Just an idea....
Old 03-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds good to me! Just to be fair, let's give it a day or so and see what everyone else thinks. I kinda like "The Seventh Legion".Whaddya say, giveeveryone until5:00PM on the5th to check in and then we'll make a decision on the name? Or is that too long? Simp
Old 03-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Typical Buck

It's fine with me. If team 10 goes with the name, we might want to change. They are the only ones that might think that the legion is an appropriate name. If we get it first, then good for us!
Old 03-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Typical Buck

of course another team name might be "fatal attraction" ...just another thought.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys! My name is Justin. I'm a manager at an automotive manufacturing company in Nothern Indiana. You guys are lucky to be living down south. I have to wait until April 25th. As far as a name goes, I'm pretty easy. I do like the " Fatal Attraction". Good luck to you guys this season. Call 'em in and show 'em a load of #6's.

[/align]

Quick Reply: Team 7 "Jelly Heads"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.