Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
 Official Team 20 "Strut's Wingbone Brigade" Thread >

Official Team 20 "Strut's Wingbone Brigade" Thread

The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Official Team 20 "Strut's Wingbone Brigade" Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 20 "Strut's Wingbone Brigade" Thread

Just wondering if anyone on the team is hunting in VA? I am willing to travel to help call or shoot. If anyone wants to come call or shoot for me my property is open! I have approximately 400 private acres to hunt in 3 different locations. I could use a good caller!!

Seriously, pm me if you are interested!

Old 03-24-2008, 05:14 AM

Yeah but 13 tags doesn't quite mean 13 turkeys. I'm just feel very fortunate to hunt in different areas of the country. Good luck!
Old 03-24-2008, 02:54 PM
JW
Super Moderator

TEAM #20 "Strut's Wingbone Bridgade"
1 BrushChimp 1 28.9375
2 crazycoonhunterNE
3 davidlj
4 Hoyt_Viper
5 Huntinlady
6 indianahunter83
7 MOhunter46 1 61.5
8 steve m
9 Strut&Rut CAPTAIN
10 Tarheel Turkey 1 52.1325
11 struttin46374
11 TOTAL TEAM BIRDS TAKEN 3
Total Points 142.5700 142.5700
Team Rank 12.9609%

Above listed is your current Team Number, Team Name, Captain, and all registered Team Members to date.
Both Arrowmaster and JW!will be collecting Team member’s Big Turkeys harvested as posted by your Team Captain from the Captains Post Scores here link.[/b]. [TEAM CAPTAINS USE THIS LINK TO POST SCORES http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2707647
Team members MUST alert their Captain, once they have harvested a legal bird, by posting all birds shot on the Team Thread.
From Rules – (click on this link to read more – we are paraphrasing here http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2557474)

1. Only turkeys legally harvested, according to that states regulations during that states 2008 Spring season can be entered

2. You must post a pictures of your turkey toprove authenticity ofthe killPicture of Beard – Beards if more than one AND Spurs can be included

3. Do write a short story and include when (date-time), where (state-county if known), and what weapon you used (a brief description of your hunt – a brief description of weapon used for the kill when you post a picture.

4. Make sure in your article to include, weight (pounds and ounces), length of beard(s) (longest strand measured from base of the beard to the tip of the longest strand) Note all fractions need to be in decimal form - Conversion table and how to measure spurs can be found on this – click here 2008 HNI rules page 2 http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2557474&mpage=2&key=

Multiple bearded birds add all beard measurements together (must see beards in picture)
WRITE DOWN ALL DATA FROM ABOVE – USE IT IN POINT 8 BELOW

5. If you need help posting a picture ask a team mate or ask us. We are here to help.

6. If you aren't able to score your quarry for whatever reason, identify if your bird as a Hen, Bearded Hen, Jake, or Tom, and you can use this tableif you're unable to score:
Hens 10 points, Bearded Hens 15 points, Jakes 20 points, Gobblers 30 points ( difference between Gobbler or Jake will be made based on a clear picture of the tail fan extended as if in strut – tail attached to the bird)

7. Only one legal bird per registered Team member can be used for the Team’s total points. If you shoot more than one bird do alert your captain -do post according to above However – Your Team Total Score is based from each Team Member’s biggest bird – not the average.
THIS IS THE TEAM CAPTAIN’S RESPONSIBILITY!

8. THE OFFICIAL HNI TURKEY SCORING CALCULATOR
JUST CLINK ON THE LINK BELOW
http://www.nwtf.org/all_about_turkeys/turkey_score.html

9. IF YOU NEED HELP, SEE SOMETHING WRONG OR AN ERROR CONTACT US! Arrowmaster - JW!
Old 03-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Has anybody thought about a team avatar???????
Old 03-29-2008, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't been on much. I was entertaining family for the past week, my brother and his wife flew out from NY and stayed for 10 days...

A team avatar is an excellent idea...I don't have any "extra time", but I may be able to put something together within the next month. If anybody is good at Photoshop (etc.), post your sample on here, so we can all see it and vote...

Note that there is now a separate thread at the top of the Turkey Contest Forum dedicated just for harvest pics. After you've reported your harvest on our team thread, please post your harvest pics on that thread. That thread allows all of us in the contest to see everyone's kills without scrolling through each individual team thread. Also feel free to list the birds stats and 1-2 sentences describing the hunt...

I don't know about you guys, but after taking last YEAR off, I'm ready to bag a few longbeards!!

S&R
Old 04-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

Well who is the first one on our team up to bat? I won't be in the woods untill the last week in april.
Is there any one getting an early start
Old 04-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't get to go until april 21. I saw a couple strutting the other day and some friends at school say that they are really starting to gobble. The season can't get here fast enough!!
Old 04-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our season starts April 15th, but due to work and soccer (I coach my daughter's team), I won't get out until early May. I'm also taking a good friend who is a relative newbie afield, so although it should be a blast, my success rate may depend on his actions more than on my luck...haha...

Old 04-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

From the looks of everybody's seasons, most of us start either this weekend or within the next 2 weeks.

Hoyt, any luck in LA? I see your season started in March...give us some updates!!
Tarheel and struttin, have you guys been out in the Southern states yet---if so, give us some feedback.

Interestingly, most of us are all hunting different states, which is fun but also unfortunate for trying to get hunts lined up with one another...

Be safe everyone, and good luck to those of you that start this weekend...

S&R

Old 04-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Typical Buck

This Hoyt is in VA! Today was first day. Heard some gobblin, but they sems to get hung up out of range. My Moultries has captured two toms for the taking, they were attacking my decoys left out over night at my blind.

I will bag one befor toolong....Anyone else shooting this wek, month, yea?

Quick Reply: Official Team 20 "Strut's Wingbone Brigade" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.