Team 16- Gallapova Amor >

Team 16- Gallapova Amor

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 16- Gallapova Amor

Old 04-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 16- Gallapova Amor

its take take another week for me cause the birds are mostly henned up round me. and not very quick to react to any calling or dekes otherwise.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Getting ready to go out this morning......first time out since the season started on the 21st. My brother in law has been out and he has not been impressed with our property but the real hunter will be out there with something to prove. I will let you all know what I bring home!
Old 04-28-2008, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

well first property was abust except seeing alot of bird i couldn't shoot or wouldn't come in. and waking up late today.
tomorrow will be on another property with alot of birds and I CAN HUNT THE FIELDS ON THIS ONE YEEHAW.
i did harvest something i could eat
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh268/camdensummers/IMG00101.jpg
Old 04-28-2008, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Three more days and my season starts!!! I can't wait.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Banned

What? No Birds?[]
Old 05-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

man i was set up within 70 yards of a gobbler this morning and he quit talking on the tree and then never even seen which way he came down. on a good note they are moving back onto my place to feed in the afternoons. oh wait i cant hunt afternoons!
Old 05-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys! Sorry but work has been a little crazy the past few weeks! Well, My wife got her first bird on opening day. My 6 yr old son, her and I went out opening morning. Great day... I could not have asked for better weather. Well, we got to the farm at about 5:45 and were in the blind by 6:15. Sunrise was around 6:30. the first hen came out around 7:00, followed by a nice tom. Started soft calling and after a few minutes, turned it up a little. I guess he figured he would get more action from me than the hen by him cause he started gobbling and moving right towards us. He got about 60 yards away and the brakes went on! All of the sudden he turns and starts walking away with a purpose. At first I thought it was me but then 4 jakes come running from our left, right at him. I guess he wasn't dominant after all! Well next thing I know there are about 7 hens in the field and then a second tom shows up. Then a third tom. After a while, I noticed the toms were gobbling back at my calling but they would not leave that group of hens. So I figure its all or nothing so I start getting real aggresive and then start hitting the fighting purr. Well the hens didn't want anything to do with that and high tailed it out of the field. Two of the toms followed but the hens steadily pulled away from them. The hens exit the field and the toms exit in the same area about 5 minutes after the hens. I figured all was lost but I said lets see what happens so I stopped calling for about 5 minutes. Then I went back to yelping and a few light cuts. Well I look up and both toms start coming back into the field. I figured since the hens left so fast, the toms couldn't keep up (especially strutting) and decided to find the hen that was ready for love. Well 200 yards and 5 minutes later, both toms were about 20 right in front of us. I told my wife to take the shot when she was ready and the next tning I see is a jellyhead tom laying right in front of us. He weighed 18 pounds 9 ounces with a 9 3/4 inch beard and 1 inch spurs left and right. You know what? I don't know who was more excited... my wife, my son, or ME!!! I think it was ME! When I get a chance I will up load the pics.

As for me the next 2 weeks were kinda uneventful. I did manage to get one finally but it wasn't the one I had been working that day. The bigger tom just wouldn't come in close enough and when the one I shot did... well I wasn't letting him pass. 18 pounds 4 ounces, 6 inch beard, 1/2 inch left and 5/8 inch right spurs and no pictures cause I left my camera at home. It wasn't my best day all together. I am off the next couple of days and hoping to get out there and score a nice one for the team. I also won't forget the camera this time.LOL Be Safe and Good Hunting!!!
Old 05-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

Oh I forgot... total score= 41.5
Old 05-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Here are a few pics

Old 05-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

Quick Reply: Team 16- Gallapova Amor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.