The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 7 "Jelly Heads"

Old 04-27-2008, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 7 check in

I just saw where JW and Arrowmaster will be away for a couple of days trying to get themselves a bird so the score sheet should be updated when they return. Good luck guys! Simp
Old 04-27-2008, 08:21 AM
JW
Super Moderator

UPDATED TEAM TALLY PAGE 12 HERE - SORRY FOR BEING LATE - I ALOSO TURKEY HUNT - WIRELESS IS A PAIN OUT IN THE FIELD! joke

JW
Old 04-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

3rd place guys!!!! We are one more good bird from taking the lead. I know we still got a few guys out there hunting. We can do this!
Old 04-27-2008, 03:42 PM

COME ON JELLY HEADS WE ARE CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Typical Buck

Tomorrow is the last day of the season. I can't go. [:@] I'm sorry to drag you guys down. I found out I was moving one week after the season started. That really busted my season up pretty good. I did more pre-season scouting this year than ever before and hunted the least. I had a bird fly on top of me on Saturday morning, but couldn't get him in the crosshairs to shoot before he was gone. I wish you guys the best of luck.

I'm moving to the coast, next month. I hope to find some more hunting land.

Also, my dad has been diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer as it has metasticized in his liver. He's only 55. Keep him in your prayers, if you believe in that sort of thing....I do.

Good luck and happy hunting.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Arjuna, as you well know, there's more important things in this world than hunting. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers and hope only the best for your father. The turkeys will be there when you're able to go. Take care of your father. I'm not sure what everyones' beliefs are on Team 7 so I can't speak for them in that regard, butI feel that Ican speak for the team in wishing your Dad well and we'll be hoping for the best. Simp
Old 04-30-2008, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went out this morning and scored again guys. This bird had a bigger beard than my previous bird, but it was smaller and one spur was broken almost completely off.[:@] It scored a 57 so it won't replace the bird I have on the books now but it was a fun hunt. I chased this bird for the better part of an hour and probably put a mile on my boots in doing so. I finally got into a good position just inside the head of a trail and made some soft yelps. It was enough for his hens to turn around to investigate and drag him by the trail head.

I took him at 30 yards and those Nitros put him down so quickly that I thought I'd missed him! After the shot, I lost sight of him for a couple of seconds. I thought I had missed and he had run off, but after I stood up I saw him. Man, what a relief! He went down so fast and hard and he didn't move a muscle! I called him in with a glass call that Willie Urish, from Magic Morning Custom Calls made me last year. I don't know how Willie does it but somehow he puts a little turkey into every one of his calls. These things talk turkey! The kicker is that they look too good to take into the woods, but I won't dare leave mine at home!

Here's some pictures:

http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2008turkeypictures001zv3.jpg

http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2008turkeypictures003ex8.jpg

http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2008turkeypictures002rs7.jpg

http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2008turkeypictures005xn3.jpg
Old 04-30-2008, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Arjuna, I'm very sorry to hear about your father. I know what your going through. I recently lost my mother. She couragiously battled lupus and leukemia for 11 years. She was a caring and wonderful woman and a devoted Christian. I will say a special prayer for you and your family.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Simp, congrats on your second bird. Haven't heard from most of our team. How is everyone doing, besides the few of us who have been posting? Let us know about your hunts, good or bad.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Bro!

Quick Reply: Team 7 "Jelly Heads"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.