Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
 Team 2 ..."Tommy Knockers" >

Team 2 ..."Tommy Knockers"

The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 2 ..."Tommy Knockers"

Old 05-08-2008, 09:27 PM

Default RE: Pictures of your harvest

Nice job NY/Al and Bluegunner! I didnt have my camera when I shot the bird, but my dads friend took pics, so im waiting on him to email them to me.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

O.K., going to try to post the bad pictures that I have, they are the only ones I have so they will have to do. First the story!
Hunted the five day slot I had (21th through 25th of April) in Minnesota with no success. Most of the time it was cold, wet, and windy making it not only uncomfortable for me but the birds were totally unresponsive. Did pass on a shot at a Jake and saw only one other bird, a hen. Spring was late here in the north and what is usually a good time slot turned into a bust!
Decided to head to the Santee in northern Nebraska, as I can get a license over the counter. Arrived their on Sat the 3rd about 5:00 p.m. and stopped at the wardens to get a license. He wasn't home so needed to drive into Niobrara as they can be purchased at one of the bars. Arrived back at the reservation about 5:45 p.m., geared up and headed out to find a spot in the field thinking to enjoy the eveing. Found a good looking spot at the apex of a couple of ravines, backed into a cedar and after waiting ten minutes start calling. I called 3 or 4 times over the next 5-10 minutes when a Gobbler fired off directly behind me, not only directly behind me but as I later measured, just 25 yards behind me. Being left-handed, I rolled to me left and peeked around the cedar and their he was, just dropping out of strut. I put the bead on him and dropped the hammer. Bird down, done hunting, time 6:15 p.m. lapsed time 30 minutes.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default 2nd picture

2nd picture

Old 05-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default 3rd picture

3rd picture

Old 05-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default 4th picture

4th picture

Old 05-11-2008, 07:04 AM
JW
Super Moderator

DD GOT SCORES PUT IN FOR BLUEGUNNER 63 AND NY/AL 57.75

GET ME THE OTHER ONE - PICTURES CAN WAIT - 24/7 POST YOUR MEASUREMENTS

JW
Old 05-13-2008, 07:22 PM

sorry it took so long guys. I was hunting at my grandpas land just east of my town. We hunted friday night in the rain and had a tom come in to 150 yards and hung up. We heard a few gobbles saturday, and my dad saw some toms, but I only saw one jake. Saturday night we got set up by 5 o clock and I spotted a bird 500 some yards across the field. My dad yelped at him a few times and he turned and saw our decoy setup. He ran about 300 yards and turned off. we called again and he ran right in to 50 yards, and strutted in to the decoys at 25 yards. I knocked him over with a 3.5" load from a Benelli Super Black Eagle. He is 19 pounds, and has a 3 1/8" beard with spurs at 7/8" each. Score is 43.25 if i did it right. nice goin with the other birds guys!

Old 05-14-2008, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Team 2 ..."Tommy Knockers"

I'm still trying to get one , haven't had much luck but I got untill the end of this month.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RDHunter

I'm still trying to get one , haven't had much luck but I got untill the end of this month.
Plenty of time my friend! Go get em!
Old 05-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still trying to get one , haven't had much luck but I got untill the end of this month
Same here, I can't understand how there can be so many hens arournd and no birds wirh beards! Sorry team but if I see see a jake he's eating some lead, I'm tired of grabbing the camera instead of the shotgun!

Quick Reply: Team 2 ..."Tommy Knockers"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.