Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
 Team 2 ..."Tommy Knockers" >

Team 2 ..."Tommy Knockers"

The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 2 ..."Tommy Knockers"

Old 04-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pictures of your harvest

Great work WD sounds like an awesome hunt with the youngster! My season FINALLY opens up on thursday, looking like rain for the first ten days[&:]. Thats ok though, i'll still be out there!
Old 05-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be out in the rain too, all weekend.
I saw 7 hens my last outing, not a single beard, but I did hear gobbles that I couldn't bring in.

On my drive home from a site today I saw something you don't see every day:
A woman was standing in a paddock surrounded by goats and wild turkeys. I guess she feeds the goats corn or some kind of grain and the turkeys have been coming by to share and have gotten used to her. We aren't allowed to bait but I don't think there are any laws against feeding, problem is her place is less than a mile from my best place; shes stealing my turkeys!

Good luck NY/Al, and everyone else out there.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:18 PM

I was out in the rain tonight and had a great hunt. Heard at least 4 or 5 toms gobble. Saw 2 toms and had a jake at 5 yards. A nice tom hung up at 100 yards and wouldnt come in. Mydad and i were in an open field and saw him and we couldn't move, so he may have seen us.I know about where they are roosting, so I'll be on them in the morning. Im going to hunt all weekend.
Good luck to everyone
Old 05-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey fellas, put down a 2 y/o yesterday morning! I'll be going back to college on monday so i'll have some time to post my score and all that. Hes no monster but still a nice one nonetheless!
Old 05-03-2008, 09:17 PM

I got one down tonight! nice tom, but his beard is only about 2" long. looks like it was cut off by something. Ill score him and post pics and my story tomorrow. I gotta go to bed so i can go call for a friend tomorrow.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator

Wooduck-NY/Al-24/7, Congrats to all of you, awesome job guys. Sorry I have been out of pocket for a few days but I will make sure your scores are posted when ya get the posted here. JW has been checking and keeping things pretty well up to date. Good Job at knockin em down. My turn in the morning..[8D]
Old 05-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well here he is boys, 20 pounds, 8 1/4 inch beard, 1 in and 1 1/8 spurs.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice bird! Way to go.

I feel like an a$$ for not being out there now, or at work. As it is I can't do either because I'm still recovering from last night. I'm too old to party like that any more, but its one I'll remember for a long time.
Heres me (drunk) with Eugene Levy at the SCTV reunion show last night (I'm the guy with the bad teeth):

Old 05-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

Dropped a nice Merriam on Saturday the 3rd. I have pictures but their not good, will post what I have in a couple of days with story. Wife lost our digital camera and I had nothing to use but my new cell phone. Took some decent pictures at the kill site but didn't realize that each picture had to be saved seperately on the phone. Needless to say when I check my phone after getting home on Tuesday, to my surprise, no pictures. The pictures I will be posting are of a gutted, frozen bird, not pretty but the best I have. 3 yr old, 19#, 9 1/2" beard, 1 1/4" spurs, Should total 63 if my calculation are correct.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey team my hunt starts this coming Monday and I'll have three weeks to fill my tag if I don't do it on Monday , wish me luck.

Quick Reply: Team 2 ..."Tommy Knockers"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.