TEAM 8 "THE LONGBEARD KILLIN' FREAKS" >

TEAM 8 "THE LONGBEARD KILLIN' FREAKS"

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

TEAM 8 "THE LONGBEARD KILLIN' FREAKS"

Old 04-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: TEAM 8 SIGN IN!!!

Allright okgobbler bird down, bird down congrats.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

Hopefully the pic shows up.

I didn't get to hunt this place opening morning. Some other guys were. So I went in Sunday night and set up a camo net fence in front of a dead mesquite and brushed it in. There is little to no cover in this field. It grazed off to about 3 or 4 inches and the only other cover is dead mesquite trees. There were about 200-300 turkeys going to roost on the adjoining property and they come across and dust and feed on the property I was on.

Well I got out there about 6:20 Monday morning and it was really windy. No action until about 8:30 when a jake came through at about 65 yds. About 5 minutes later a BIG ol boss Tom came at at 105 yds. I called softly with my Bill Decker custom brass friction call with a persimmon striker. He strutted around for about 15 minutes, but never got closer than 72 yds. My 835 has been known to finish birds off at that range, but I had too much respect for the old man to chance it. He finally left and 3 hens and a tom came through the fence right at me. I shifted clockwise and slipped my barrel through the camo netting. By this time one of the hens was at about 15 yds and evidently saw the movement and flew over my head. I quickly lined up the tri-viz sights and hammered the tom at about 40 yds. I also got hammered with that recoil because I was sitting indian style and hunched over for the shot. All and all a good day.

weight 17 lbs. 8 ozs.
main beard 8 inches
secondary beard 3 inchs (very thin)
right spur 1.125 inches
left spur 1 inch

Old 04-08-2008, 10:30 PM

Good story thanks for sharing

And once again...CONGRATS!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 05:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Very nice looking bird!
Nice work!

Old 04-10-2008, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

He was back again yesterday and this AM. 5' from back windows. He is really pushing his luck... Hopefully he keeps it up for a couple more weeks.

http://i28.tinypic.com/11rvgpw.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/2yowpau.jpg
Old 04-11-2008, 05:11 AM
Fork Horn

Guy's we are doing good if I would post the score from the jake I took in Al. we would be in second place. We still have most of our hunters which have not hunted yet. Our season starts in the morning. Good luck to all and keep up the good work.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck Bowtek... whack one for us...
We don't kick off until the 28th... very long wait.. don't worry though... We'll have some points opening day from me.
Got my MA, NY, & CT tags...
Old 04-11-2008, 10:28 AM

Good luck bow tek!!
Old 04-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck this weekend. I don't think I'm going. It's rained a bunch, now it's windy. Gonna be 32 Sunday morning.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

Well guys I scored on opening day. I took my 9 year old daughter with me. This was the first time she has every went so I took the ol shotgiun. I wanted tobetter our chances for sucess. We had two birds come in to my B Mobile at 6:50. I took the lead bird. She loved it. This was one of my favorite hunts of all time.
Weight 22lbs
Beard 9.75
Spurs1.0 inch hooks
Totalscore 61.5

Now I will be packing the bow most of the season. I still like to get out and run and gun with the shotgunevery now and then. Good luck to the rest of you. Hopefully I will take a larger bird.

Quick Reply: TEAM 8 "THE LONGBEARD KILLIN' FREAKS"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.