Official Team 14 Final Strut Thread >

Official Team 14 Final Strut Thread

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Official Team 14 Final Strut Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 14 Thread

Well, I called the landowner of my honey hole in CT to tell her I'll be by on Saturday. She confirmed that the birds are roosting right behind her barn just like they should be I've had birds come in on a string over there and I've had them so henned up that I've never seen them after fly-down. We'll see what Saturday brings. Congrats on a great season SouthernStrut and Bullshooter! You guys are turkey slayers! Congrats to everyone else who scored too.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Spike

Hey guys I tagged another longbeard this past Sunday which capped the end of it for me. Nice bird, but it won't beat the first one I turned in. So good luck to our team members that are still hunting.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Grizz, Great season! Way to lay the smack on em! Good work Bullshooter, you're a slayer sir! Congrats to everybody else who scored, we got a team of turkey maniacs! Keep it up and maybe we'll catch up and win this thing.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

woohooooooooooooooo, y'all are some turkey killing fools.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well team, my season has been less than stellar so far. Got to my honey hole on Saturday, not a gobble to be heard. The land owner said that was the first day she didn't hear any birds at all. That was after 2 days of steady rain tho... Hit RI public land yesterday, not a peep all morning. I'm going to keep at it and hit the woods when I can, but I'm looking for new tag soup recipes just in case.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry to let ya all down but they beat me up here in Indiana.....This has been the worse season for birds I have ever been in. No gobbling, no Toms, hens everywhere.....Man I tried 11 out of 19 days. Rain, cold...The fact of the matter is I didn't get my bird. I had 1 chance this year and I blew it....My friend got his first bird A jake, I called that one in....He just walked in to the set up of dekes and dead jake. Oh well there is next year unless someone can get me out east and help me out
Old 05-15-2008, 05:32 AM
Fork Horn

Well if finally happened this morning. It took 2 weeks or hard hunting but I connected on a good bird. I heard him on the roost and I set up between himand a field that I have seen him strutting in before. Or I assumed it was the same bird. When I heard him fly down I hit him with a few soft yelps and he lost his mind.He actually tried to circle me,and almost got behind me, but he gobbled one more timewhen he was to my left90 degrees and I still had enough time toturn on him. Made a few more calls and he came intoabout 30 yards. Benellidid thejob....

20.5 lbs
1" and 1.125" spurs
10.5" beard
Score of 62.75

Old 05-15-2008, 07:53 AM
Spike

Congrats MJR, nice bird and sounds like ya worked for him!

later,

CS
Old 05-15-2008, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats MJR, great lookin' bird! Look at that nice thick beard! Puts us back in fourth, all we need is a couple more good scores! Who all is still hunting?
Old 05-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still hunting, but things are S-L-O-W for me. Had one banging away on the roost yesterday, gone as soon as he hit the ground. This year they seem to just shut-up after fly down. I'll be at it again the next few days. There's still a couple weeks to go before my season ends.

Quick Reply: Official Team 14 Final Strut Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.