Official Team 14 Final Strut Thread >

Official Team 14 Final Strut Thread

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Official Team 14 Final Strut Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 14 Thread

NICE! Great lookin birds! Good work Bull! Sorry about not stepping in and turning in scores like I said I would, I thought you were going the first week of May, this week, and I've been tied up trying to study for finals. Hope it didnt mess us up. But again, WOW,nice job in Missouri!
Old 05-05-2008, 03:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats y'all, keep em coming......[8D]
Old 05-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

My season went from bad to worse. Heavy rain this past weekend. Got out Sunday, got wet, didn't hear a single gobble. Took a break to go get some coffee and ended up crunching the bumper on my truck. Today is BEAUTIFUL. Its the CT season opener and I'm stuck at work. I won't get out til Saturday, I'll be heading to CT. Things have to turn around!
Old 05-05-2008, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah it'll turn around RI. If you go back and look at some of my posts throughout my season here in Bama, I was pretty discouraged. Taking my buddies and having them miss good birds, being stuck in school on gorgeous days, raining every weekend, and stupid mistakes on my part. But hey, it turned around the last few weeks of the season and I ended up with 3 birds......(One extremely ugly bird) haha. Your luck will change, keep at it RI, at least you still get to hunt!!! Today was my last final, so no more school,but no turkey season! I have nothing to do but cut grass and drink beer.....which aint too bad of a deal! Good luck RI, let us know how it goes! Good luck to everybody else! By the way - Do they have all our scores in??? Seems like that one team has way too many points for their amount of birds. Just wonderin'
Old 05-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

Pulled the trigget on my #1 PA bird this am. He came with another longberad, they looked like twins. Gobbled good on the roost, they hit the ground and It was easy to hear them drumming the entire way.It took over an hour for them to come 100 yds. They came to about 30 yds and I let him have a load of #6 shot.. It was a great day to be in the woods. I could hear 4 other birds gobbling, one was coming from another direction but he was just not quick enough to get a ride in my truck.
21.50lbs
10.50" beard
1" spurs.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

Bull nice strutter! I hope to tag one out in the last few days. I have 80 acres all to myself.....I have them figured out i think, but sounds like ran on Wed-Thur, but Friday and Saturday look good.....
Old 05-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bullshooter layin em down!! WTG man! My season is over! At least I got one (my first) on the dirt. Good luck everyone else!!
Old 05-06-2008, 05:50 AM
Fork Horn

Been a rough start to my NY season so far. Birds gobble on the roost and then sut right up as soon as they hit the ground. I have only been able to call Jakes in so far. Had a few mature birds fired up, but I can here the hens with them too and can only close the distance to 75 yards or so. Frustrating..My luck has to change sooner or later. I am going out every morning before work....
Old 05-06-2008, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

BULLSHOOTER!! That's how its done right there! I knew you were a slayer when you showed us that string ofabout 100 spurs! Man I wish I could try to get another, I'm already wishing it was March 15, 2009! Hey MJR keep it up man, like you said your luck has to change, it will! Good luck!
Old 05-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

Well guys and gals, I am tagged out. Time to get the kids a bird or two. Here is how it went down this morning
Well I am not much on telling how beautiful things are, but this morning has to rank up there somewhere. I left work a tad bit early and was in the woods at 0519. As I stood listning to the world wake up I thought WOW am I am tired. But that was soon changed by a gobble. I moved within 80 yds and just sat and listen as 4 birds began tearing up the morning. Where I was hunting the timber is very mature, there is very little underbrush making it easy to see 200yds. My first 3 yepls were answered with I could only guess no less than 15 gobbles. And then the hens fired up, great I thought. I watched 7 birds fly down at about 100yds, 3 of which were longbeards, 1 jake and 3 hens. I watched as the 3 longbeards would strutt and gobble at every call. Twice the jake came looking for me, both time to within 20 yds. he would then fade back to the others. It was the hens that came looking with the 3 gobblers in tow. I shot the bird that seamed to gobble and strutt the most. With the hens at a mear 5 yds looking and feeding I pulled the trigger on a very good 3-4 year old bird. The shot was at 27 steps. He was dead when he hit the ground. I smiled and gave my thanks for my hunt. To say my 08 season has been good would be an understatement. I have taken 4 good birds, over 80 lbs of turkey with a total of 40"+ inches of beard. I have called up and watched 7 longberads die.The season is very young and I have made a bunch more memories. Now it is time to help and watch others enjoy the thing that I have loved for some 30 years.

To everyone stilling hunting, do not give up, enjoy your time in the woods, store your lessons learned away for another day. And always remember " It could all be over in less than 30 seconds."
The Fullfan

20.50lbs
1 18/ spurs
9.50 beard.

Quick Reply: Official Team 14 Final Strut Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.