Official Team 14 Final Strut Thread >

Official Team 14 Final Strut Thread

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Official Team 14 Final Strut Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Team 14 Thread

sweet hunt csgrizz way to set that bar high my teammate!!! Less than 8 days here!!!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well it finally happened. I got my first bird yesterday! Yeah, he's a jake and won't do a lot for our team score but I'm STOKED that I got him. He gobbled for over 2 hours before the shotgun got the last word. He weighed 14 lbs. Hopefully I'll be able to get a long beard before the season is out but we'll see. That was one of the most memorble, incredible hunts I've ever been on in my entire life!! I'm hooked!!!

Old 04-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great hunt csgriz, I read your story before, didn't realize you were on my team! NC, WAY TO GO! Jake or not, Congrats on your first! I've still got 2 weeks to go before I can hit the woods. Just started scouting a little, found some potential areas in RI. I just scored a 123 acre piece of property in CT, nobody else turkey hunts there. The landowner said a neighbor moved in last year and shoots some, but he is NOT supposed to be hunting on this property. I got the impression that no permission might not stop this guy tho, so we'll see how that goes. I'm gonna go check out the property on Friday. Funny thing, the guy didn't want me to deer hunt there because of lack of access and he has a couple buddys that hunt there. He said there is no shortage of deer tho. He says he limits who can hunt there and turns down most people that ask. I told him I bowhunt only in CT, and won't be interested in gun hunting, he said well, thats a different story! He said only one other guy bowhunts there, and he hasn't been ina while. Score 2 for me! The other guy who bowhunts there and the landowner are like family....of sorts. The other bowhunter's daughter bred her dog and I have one of the puppies. The landowner has my dog's sister, lol.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

WOW I go away for a few days and you guys are just slamming them. Congrats csgrizz on a true HOG....Southerstrut way to go on number 2.... And Ncremington way to go.
Things are looking up for team 14. I have sent the stats from all your birds, I am hoping for an updated total score tonight.
We have some turkey killers here let me tell ya... Congrats again guys a job well done....
Old 04-17-2008, 06:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

NC nice bird!!!!!

Guys I head out Friday(Tomorrow) for KY!!!
Old 04-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: csgrizz

Hey guys/gals/teammates, I experienced one of the most incredible days of turkey hunting in a long time yesterday. Started with my best friend, my youngest brother and I all with tags, ended with 3 longbeards down, including a double with my little brother. I wrote and incredibly long story and will post it on the main forum. Score another one for the team!

23 lbs 0 oz
1 1/2" left spur, 1 7/16" right spur
9 3/4" beard

Nice work!!!!!
Old 04-17-2008, 07:46 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Your score is 23 + 15 + 14.375 + 19.5 = 71.875
congrats!

JW
Old 04-20-2008, 06:10 AM
Fork Horn

Okay guys I am headed for Mo. for two weeks, I will not be back untill May 5th. I will let JW know I am going to be out of town. Good luck to everyone and be safe. See ya back here in a few weeks.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Bullshooter!! Smoke em!!
Old 04-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats to all on the team...I don't even get a chance to get out there until May 1st here in NY. I will be taking my niece out for youth season this weekend though. Hopefully she can connect on her first bird!!

Quick Reply: Official Team 14 Final Strut Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.