Official Team 14 Final Strut Thread

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Official Team 14 Final Strut Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 02:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 14 Thread

ORIGINAL: Arrowmaster

Firelt get to talkin to Southernstrut so we can head to Alabama to hunt some of his turkeys. IM driving when we go
Y'all come on down, I'm headin out right now to draw first blood!! Dont ya wish you could smell gunpowder this soon??? Hey guys, if you dont hear from me in a few days its b/c this comin week is my spring break and I'm goin home where the computer I will have access to sometimes doesnt work too well. Hopefully I'll check in with some good news sometime soon!
Old 03-15-2008, 02:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Big storm came a lot sooner than the genius weather man said it would last night, so I'm gonna give it a little longer before I head out. Thats good reason to always check the weather the minute before you start to leave. I would've ranright into that storm andprobably have hadto wait in the truck for 30 minutes when I got there for the rain to stop! Mr. Meteoroligist said it would come through around 8 or 9 this morning, pshhh. Do yalls weather forecasters suck as bad as ours do in Alabama??? I tell you what these idiots down here dont know what to tell us every day. I thought thats what they studied in college?? I'd rather trust my dad gum dog togive me an accurateforecast than the weather folks.Aight now that I've killed enough time with this post and my breakfast, I'm headin out. Wish me luck guys!!!
Old 03-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

We're on the board fellas! I got one at 10:00 on the dot this morning. I'll try to get the pictures on here tonight. 9" paintbrush beard, inch long spurs, and weighed 19.4 lbs. Not huge, but its a turkey. He was missing about 6 or 7 tail feathers, kinda upsetting that he wont go on the wall, but it's all good. After chasing one hard gobbling tom around for an hour or two,I finally gave up on him and moved to the food plots. No luck there either. I walked back and I wasputtin all my stuff in thetruck to get ready to drive back up to another spot, and I walked out on the road to lookin the fieldsone last time and saw something come popping outta the woods into the fields about 200 yardsaway. I saw it shining so I got the binoculars and saw that it was a pretty nice tom, and he wasslowly walking up the road towards me. I didnt wanna stay right by the truck b/cI know he wouldnt have come that far, so I made my way upa hillinto the woods to ease towards him with some cover. I got set up about 25 yards off the roadbetween two hillsand startin cluckin and purrin and scratchin around. He gobbled one time pretty hard and walked right past me on the road......It was around this time thathe fell over due to severe head trauma I'm goin to a different spot tomorrow where I had a tom gobble at least 50 times one freezin cold morning this past deer season. Bunch of birds there too, maybeI can get a bigger one. I know this iskillin you guys that you cant get in the woods, yall should all drive down and we'll have us a turkey massacre!!!! We're on the board!
Old 03-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

WTG SouthernStrut! I'm dyin to get into the woods!
Old 03-16-2008, 06:11 AM
Typical Buck

WTG Partner!!! Great start to the season here. When Can Arrowmaster and I get down there . If He is driving, I'll buy him a cheese burger at least....
Old 03-16-2008, 06:48 AM
Fork Horn

All right Southern, Congrats on the first blood for team 14. Send me your score via PM and I will get you entered.
I still have about 30 ays left and the wait is killing me ...
Old 03-16-2008, 10:52 AM
Typical Buck

Hey southern, you asked about weather forcasters...Up here we have had 5 or 6 storms in Indiana that they predicted the "White Death" for all of us and every time we got a very small amount of snow. Now the time they told us the storm was going to be a light ice storm, we got a lot of ice and very little snow....If I was a accurate as they are I'd be fired. It has been a bad season up here for them. I hope they tell me the turkey hunting will be terrible, cause I then know I am having a great season!!!!
Old 03-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

well guys i came pretty danged close to scoring for us on the openning day. had a nice bird come in, 20+ pounds and about a 9-10in. beard. unfortunately he came in hard to my right side. sometimes it sucks being right-handed. i would've tried shooting lefty had he not spotted me. oh well. i have like 5 days straight i'm going to get to hunt starting wednesday so we'll see how it goes.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

WTG southern!! Atta boy!!
Old 03-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

Come on now we need some pic's.....

Quick Reply: Official Team 14 Final Strut Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.