Official Team 14 Final Strut Thread >

Official Team 14 Final Strut Thread

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Official Team 14 Final Strut Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Team 14 Thread

Glad to have you guys, I am a rookie Turkey hunter myself. I have 5 birds, 1 long beard and 4 jakes. I just happen to shoot the smallest one last year, LOL No where to go but up
Old 03-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm gonna throw a few possible team names out thereand hopefully some others will suggest some more, then we'll all decide on one. We already got Wattle Whackers, that'll be number one.Here's acouple: Smokin' Feathers?..... Braggin' Beards? Hey RI, were you on the Tominators last year???
Old 03-04-2008, 01:45 AM
Typical Buck

Arrowmaster...As my previous winning teammate on a different site... YOU CAN TRUST ME
Old 03-04-2008, 04:55 AM
Fork Horn

MJR10 checking in here...I am from and will be hunting in Steuben County New York. I have been hunting for about 5 years, and have 5 birds under my belt. I have learned a ton in teh last two years and have tagged out both years, which is 2 birds a year here.
This year will be different for me. I just bought a piece of property that is 140 acres and it will be my first time turkey hutning it. Should be fun to learn how to chase the birds on a new chunk of land. The land is 5 minutes from work so I plan to hunt almost every morning before work. Can't get'em if you aren't out there. I'll try to come up with some team names today and post them later...

Here is a picture of one bird from last year..

Old 03-04-2008, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MJR10

MJR10 checking in here...I am from and will be hunting in Steuben County New York. I have been hunting for about 5 years, and have 5 birds under my belt. I have learned a ton in teh last two years and have tagged out both years, which is 2 birds a year here.
This year will be different for me. I just bought a piece of property that is 140 acres and it will be my first time turkey hutning it. Should be fun to learn how to chase the birds on a new chunk of land. The land is 5 minutes from work so I plan to hunt almost every morning before work. Can't get'em if you aren't out there. I'll try to come up with some team names today and post them later...

Here is a picture of one bird from last year..

Welcome to the team MJR10, Steuben is a beautiful county indeed!! Congrats on the land!
Old 03-04-2008, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SouthernStrut56

I'm gonna throw a few possible team names out thereand hopefully some others will suggest some more, then we'll all decide on one. We already got Wattle Whackers, that'll be number one.Here's acouple: Smokin' Feathers?..... Braggin' Beards? Hey RI, were you on the Tominators last year???
Yea, i was on the Tominators, #1!!! Got my poster hangin in my office I brought up the rear with a lil jake, but every point counts. I think if someone else scored with a jake the year before that, I prolly would have been on the winning team 2 years runnin. That doesn't matter, cuz we'll probably take it this year! One more name suggestion for a nameif you guys think we can stand the smack talk we'll get from it. How about the Spurminators? Our slogan can be something like "Making this mating season his last"...
Old 03-04-2008, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Haha I like where you're going with the slogan, but Spurminators sounds too .........is explicit the word? haha, I started crackin up when I saw that. Tominators dominated last year, we can do it again! When I read your slogan I thought of this name, "Final Strut". We'll narrow it down to 3 names once we get a few more, then choose an official name forthis year'swinning team. I'm excited, I really think we're gonna take it again!
I went down to my place this past weekend and the sign was amazing. I have never in my 7 years of turkey hunting seen as much turkey scat as I did in this one food plot. The plot's about 2 or 3 acres and I would say about 75% of it had a turkey turd in every square foot. Chased 12 hens out too. I'm goin this weekend to have a listen early one morning, see how many lovesick toms I can hear. I'm still on a quest to take out the legendary ghost gobbler at my place, haha, seriously I've seen him every year for the past 4 years and he ALWAYS spooks no matter what I do. The first time I saw him he had about a 10 inch beard. Last year his beard wasvery close to draggin the ground, so hopefully hes still around and I can outsmart him this year. Maybe he's got multiple beards!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think I was on the tominators last year too? I don't remember the team name, but I remember that our team won.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:22 AM
Spike

Hey guys, looks like we have a great team. I will be hunting Illinois and Missouri this year, and I hope to make Ohio, and possibly Nebraska as well, but financial issues may put that on hold. I hunt both private and public ground.

I have been hunting turkeys for about thirteen seasons. Killed my first bird (a jake) in 98, and since that time I have bagged 14 toms and 1 jake, as well as 29 birds called to the gun for my friends and family, with only 5 jakes taken total since 98.

I am attempting to take one with the bow this year, so I may be delayed on my bird, but if worse comes to worse, I will bring out the trusty 870 in the name of the team.

later,

CS

Old 03-04-2008, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Who wants to step up and assume the role of team captain of this year's winning team? I would love to BUT I will definitely be too busy to handle all the info. Who wants it?

Quick Reply: Official Team 14 Final Strut Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.