HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   The Archives (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/archives-70/)
-   -   2008 HNI Spring Turkey Contest Rules (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/archives/226145-2008-hni-spring-turkey-contest-rules.html)

younggun308 01-07-2008 04:48 PM

2008 HNI Spring Turkey Contest Rules

Teams will be drawnby March 3, 2008and then you will have to choose team captains, ifany teamcan't agree on one byMarch 10th, then I will select one for that team.
The team captain will then post a Team thread for his or her team,and it is there that the teams can choose a name if they want to.

You will score your bird here: http://www.nwtf.org/all_about_turkeys/turkey_score.html

You willgive the score to your team captain, and he will givethe scores to some specially assigned members who will be in charge of posting scores on the score sheet, each of these specially assigned members will have a team(s) that they will be in charge of posting scores for.

Only one bird will be the score you add, it works like this, suppose you were to shoot a bird that scored 44.73, but a week later, you kill a bird that scores 62.05, you can't add the new score to the old, but you can give the newscore to your team captain, who will update the points, by replacing the 44.73bird's score withthe 62.05,that will be his responsibility.
That's an illustration of how it works.

You must post a picture of your turkey toprove authenticity ofthe kill,if you don't know how to post pictures, ask your team captain, or a member of your team thatknows how to post pictures to help you out.

Be sure to say when, where, and what weapon you used for the kill when you post a picture.

You are not allowed to use scores or picturesfromany Spring season, or from any Fall turkeyseason other than the 2008 Spring Turkeyseason, this is the 2008 Spring Turkey Contest, and if you missed the last one, then too bad,last year'sscores are no good here.

If you aren't able to score your quarry for whatever reson, identify if your bird as a Hen, Bearded Hen, Jake, or Tom, and you can use this tableif you're unable to score:

Hens 10 points, Bearded Hens15 points, Jakes 20 points,and Gobblers 30 points.

No kills that were made usingillegal means, weapons,or using methods that are against state lawwill be counted, only legal kills will be counted.

Bearded hens are allowed to be posted on this contest, only if your state law allows the harvest of a Female turkey. Be sure to check and see if your state defines legal harvest as being "bearded" or if they differinciate by "sex" or "gender".

Any other questions you might want to ask, or anything you belive should be added to the rules, please speak up, and I will consider.

< Message edited by younggun308 -- 1/7/2008 5:47:04 PM >

Captain, Team 21 - 2007 Firearm Deer Contest

Team 4 - 2007 Fall Turkey Contest

The point of war isn't to die for your country, it's to make that b@$^!*# die for his.
- General George S. Patton

Arrowmaster 01-07-2008 08:21 PM

RE: 2008 HNI Spring Turkey Contest

Thanks younggun308 for starting the contest. If you need any help just give me a yell. Thanks again...

MOhunter46 01-08-2008 03:54 PM

If i get a turkey for this contest where do i post a picture of it?

younggun308 01-08-2008 07:36 PM

You post kill pictures on your team thread.

RIStrutStopper 01-09-2008 09:56 AM

WoooHoooo! Glad to see the sign up thread today, I can't hunt til the end of April but I'm getting pumped already! Let me know if you need a hand with anything, I'll be happy to help out!

deerdust 01-09-2008 02:34 PM

ROFLMAO, I guess I am glad they made you a mod on this forum. Adrian used to handle the spring contest, Then Pat took over, and I did it last year. Glad to have you jump in and please don't be offended if any of us jump in to add our viewpoints or help out.

Gundeck 01-14-2008 09:10 AM

Thanks for setting this up. Something to look forward to after the Bowhunting Indoor Target League.

Strut&Rut 01-27-2008 01:47 PM

Suggestion: Separate typical from atypical birds.

This is not to undermine those that harvest multi-spurred or multi-bearded birds, but the NWTF clearly makes this distinction for record purposes [http://www.nwtf.org/all_about_turkeys/turkey_records.php], and I think the HNI contest should as well.

I'll also offer my time to become an official "tabulator", since I'm not sure how much time I'll have in the woods this Spring, and I'm pretty quick with most software programs...

younggun308 01-27-2008 07:35 PM

Thank you for your suggestion, Strut&Rut, we'll consider it........

Turkey Fife 03-02-2008 11:17 PM

This is not to undermine those that harvest multi-spurred or multi-bearded birds, but the NWTF clearly makes this distinction for record purposes
I don't want to say the same thing as Strut and Rut. I feel that a Bird that has 4 Beards the Hunter should measure the Longest not add up 10" 6" 5" 4" for total of 25 Points. To me this make the Contest even more LUCK than it already is. I'll probably kill one now with 6 Beards. But that JMHO!

TF