Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Archery Gear
 Mathews Outback...BRAND NEW!!! 29@70 >

Mathews Outback...BRAND NEW!!! 29@70

Archery Gear Bows, sights, rests, releases, quivers, cases, and more! Buy, sell, or trade all of your archery equipment here!

Mathews Outback...BRAND NEW!!! 29@70

Old 02-21-2005, 03:41 PM

Default RE: Mathews Outback...BRAND NEW!!! 29@70

will trade for new bowtech possibly
Old 02-21-2005, 04:49 PM

545 shipped
Old 03-01-2005, 07:15 PM

I can buy an Outback for $ 575.00 all day long from my local dealer, still in the box, with video, hat,keychain and warranty. I have an SQ2, I'm gonna buy an Outback, but thats pretty much new price, you're asking. No offense, but I really don't see that being a a bargin. Since it is used, if you opened it and warrantied it in your name its a used bow.
There's quite a difference in axle to axle from Switchback to Outback about 3inches. Outback is approx. 31" and I believe Switchback is 33 7/8". Short bows are nice for guy with a draw length under 29in., but much above that and a guy needs more axle to axle. I like the short bow, but my draw is 28 in. Might wanna check with your Pro Shop and make sure you're fitted for the bow.
The only reason I say that is because of the big difference in axle between the two bows. Thats alot of money to spend. You've purchased an Outback and Switchback recently, each is designed to target two totally different shooters, as far as draw length, brace height, forgiveness. I've found that most guys with longer draws cannot shoot short axle bows.There's a big misconception that buying a bow is like buying a car. Just because it looks nice and " I Like that one", doesn't mean it is a good fit for you. I know many guys right now that ran out and purchased the Switchback only to wish they had their Outback or SQ2's back becuase they didn't talk to their Pro Staff or research the bows designs intentions. Just a thought.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:59 PM

Thats just fine and dandy. Im glad to hear you think you're mr. good deal and mr. pro staff. I shoot both boths perfectly and the longer draw guy does NOT need a longer axle to axle. Thats all a myth. You can believe what you hear......I have been shooting for some time now...and can assure you I what you said is nonsense. Go buy your outbacks all day long if you want.

So anyone w/any offers on the bow...shoot em to me