Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Archery Gear
New Deer decoy invention! >

New Deer decoy invention!

Archery Gear Bows, sights, rests, releases, quivers, cases, and more! Buy, sell, or trade all of your archery equipment here!

New Deer decoy invention!

Old 07-29-2015, 11:57 AM
Spike

Default New Deer decoy invention!

The idea behind the invention came as my father and I used doubled sided silhouette decoys while archery hunting. The bucks would be lured in, and interested in the decoy but always would want to circle around downwind of the decoy. As they circled around the decoy there would be a point where the decoy would disappear either directly in front of the decoy or behind because it was thin and had no frontal view. This would cause the buck to immediately lose interest and walk away.

The three headed deer gives the illusion that it is following you by looking at you in the eyes and changing expressions as you walk around it. At any point (360 degrees) the decoy appears to be looking at you and following your movements. (Kind of spooky at first)

This decoy is very light weight, and easy to move around with no electrical components.

Deerdecoy.org

Let me know what you guys think!
Old 09-28-2015, 05:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

I believe I know what silhouette decoy you're talking about. I use one on and off. And while I agree with your finding on a deer circling in front or behind this decoy I solve this "problem" by placing the decoy either between 2 trees or bush and tree, etc so that the incoming deer's view of the decoy is blocked by the tree/bush. Now I hunt wooded areas and realize this is not possible in open country. But its what works for me.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

We have had three headed deer for years in PA on Three Mile Island, have some with two tails as well.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

I like it. Clever on you. Consider adding a motion option. Deer need that motion many times to commit. It settles them down.