Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Archery Gear
Wanted: A Matthews Solocam Bow >

Wanted: A Matthews Solocam Bow

Community
Archery Gear Bows, sights, rests, releases, quivers, cases, and more! Buy, sell, or trade all of your archery equipment here!

Wanted: A Matthews Solocam Bow

Old 08-24-2012, 11:02 AM
Spike

Default Wanted: A Matthews Solocam Bow

I am looking for a Matthews Solocam Bow as a Christmas gift for my boyfriend. This will be my first year hunting and I'm not sure what all to look for.. Its hard to buy something like this without asking him or having him with me..
Old 08-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hello apprentice hunter. In my opinion, it would be very tough to buy someone else a bow. Most bows are set up for the person who is using it. ( draw length and draw weight) If my wife wanted to surprise me with a new bow she would talk to my shooting buddies and get a general idea of what I wanted. Then she could go to our local archery shop and get me a gift certificate. Just to give you an example, it took me about two months of trying out different bows before I made my purchase.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default Matthews

Originally Posted by ApprenticeHunter01
I am looking for a Matthews Solocam Bow as a Christmas gift for my boyfriend. This will be my first year hunting and I'm not sure what all to look for.. Its hard to buy something like this without asking him or having him with me..
Matthews bows come set to each persons draw length. You cannot adjust them with a allen wrench like Pse, Parker,Bear and some others. Hoyt and Elite bows are the same as Matthews. If he for sure wanting a Matthews you will have to measure him for his draw length. Half of his wing span is his draw length. If he will use a string loop subtract 1/2 inch.