HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Archery Gear (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/archery-gear-55/)
-   -   Bow Hangers? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/archery-gear/275133-bow-hangers.html)

The Limbhook 11-23-2008 09:55 PM

Bow Hangers?

There are all kinds of bow holders out there, most of them are screw in. Do you think The Limbhook will make it in this industry? Would it be the best if it had a cam buckle strap instead of velcro? Look at it on our website www.mejiaoutdoors.com and give me your feedback.

stalkingbear 11-24-2008 02:31 PM

RE: Bow Hangers?

While I have no way of knowing if they'll make it or not-they should. Just about ANY public hunting land I know of requires you to NOT damage tree or property in ANY way. I'll wager there's a LOT of people using screw in steps and stuff that SHOULD be using something like that. In fact,I've seen it many times firsthand.

MdDave 11-27-2008 08:26 AM

i can honestly say i have about 5 different set up's in the woods an that tool wouldnt help me out on any of them

bddavidson 12-02-2008 12:28 PM

should work fine and not damage any trees. lets us know how it works and not too pricey either.

dan3530 12-02-2008 01:10 PM

Limbhook,
I think your on to something here.
The Limbhook is designed to ease the comfort of the hunter, fisherman or outdoorsman.The Limbhook can be used on any limb or tree from 1/2" to 7 1/2" at any angle because of the patent pending 360 degree rotating ball hook. (This is a good feature to have. It did not sayweather or not you can lock that rotating ball in place? I personally would want the ability to lock it down so that it would be easier to remove my bow. The last thing I would want is to have to fight with that ball and hook hanging up on my bow(moveing with my bow if I fail to lift it high enough)when that buck steps out. Also, for strength mainly, I would double the width of that velcro strap, this would also add to the attractiveness and would be an easy change to make.)You can use The Limbhook while hunting, fishing, at home or around the camp to hang bows, guns, lanterns, hunting bags or anything you can think of under 15 lbs. You can even attach it to climbing stands, ladder stands, I've even used it to hold my thermos on the roll-bar of my tractor. Great for camping !

Good luck with it,
Dan

98Redline 12-02-2008 01:12 PM

I would prefer it to have something like a cinch strap or buckle type of strap.

Velcro + Hunting = Bad

The Limbhook 12-11-2008 06:05 AM

Thanks for all of you comments, some can use it and some cant. But to answer some questions, Yes it (ball hook) can be locked down. Just snug the nut down, it doesnt take alot of pressure to do that. As far as strength, we have tested the new Manufactured ones at -15 F for 26 hours and 31 lbs. on the hook in a walk-in freezer with no problems. But The Limbhook is still rated for 15 lbs. If you need more answers plz give me a call 337-849-9295. We will be at the ATA Show Jan. 8-10/2009 booth# 3123. So if any of you are going stop by check out The Limbhook and all our products for 2009. www.mejiaoutdoors.com

muzzyman88 12-12-2008 06:20 AM

I vote to get rid of the velcro. I won't use anything with velcro for the noise factor alone. Not to mention, I bet a lot of guys would be hesitant to hang an 800 dollar bow on something held down with velcro. No doubt it will hold, but some of us are rather paranoid.

The Limbhook 12-14-2008 05:30 AM

I Know some guys shy away from Velcro, but the strap is a cinch style and the strap was designed for the Union Pacific Railroad to strap down the batterys in the engines (strap is rated to 90 lbs., not The Limbhook). Our new manufactured Limbhooks were tested in a walk in freezer @ -10 degrees below 0, for 26 hours and with 31 lbs. on the hook. If you have any mor questions please drop us a email or just call me 337-849-9295. www.mejiaoutdoors.com

ropadop 12-18-2008 04:38 AM

My concern is that there may not be a convenient limb around. I use a bow holder that screws into the trunk of the tree.