HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Archery Gear (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/archery-gear-55/)
-   -   wtb cheap turkey broadheads!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/archery-gear/184977-wtb-cheap-turkey-broadheads.html)

childers 03-17-2007 08:47 PM

wtb cheap turkey broadheads!!

title says it. i dont have to much to spend so any help would be nice.

squirrelkilla23 03-17-2007 10:29 PM

RE: wtb cheap turkey broadheads!!

Go to store.

Go to archery section.

Pick up box of gobbler getters or spitfire gobbler style.

take up to register.

buy them.

go home and hunt.

30 dollars isnt going to break the bank kid. I'm 13 years old and i can manage to work for money enough to fund my hunting. It's alot more of a pain for someone to sell you some broadheads and ship them than you just buying them.

childers 03-18-2007 07:28 AM

look kid im older than you im only 15 but i still cant drive alone yet. and i dont get 30 bucks often. so thats why i ned to get some cheaper

shoot2thrill25 03-18-2007 10:07 AM

try checkin out walmart. they usually have some cheaper broadheads, im not sure about this time of year, but they do in the fall.

mauser06 03-18-2007 10:54 AM

just use your deer broadheads and make the shot count and put it right where it needs to be. a "turkey broadhead" aint gunna do any better than a standard broadhead when put through the vitals...

childers 03-18-2007 05:39 PM

ya but my sights arent set up right so im shooting as if it were a traditional. and i even have a peep and everything just cant see,m to get them set.

gregholland 03-18-2007 05:43 PM

so you are wanting to go out and shoot animals when you aren't even sure your setup is ready to go? Think about your choices my man.

txhoghunter 03-19-2007 06:23 AM

first get ur sight set in............u dont need to practice with a broadhead

Onestringer 03-19-2007 11:40 AM

Give the guy a break!! Just a word of friendly advise, practice shooting without the sights. you may surprise yourself at how good you are. I've shot with sights and peeps, etc for YEARS!!! Picked up trad a while back with my husband (the true onestringer) and found that I was better than I ever thought I would be. Just a little confidence. My husband has always shot barebow and can outshoot just about anyone I know.

Also, take your setup to a local bow shop and have them help you get it ready to go...they'll often tune you up for no charge (if you find the right place). I applaud you for attempting to turkey hunt with a bow. I have tried and find that I am much more successful with my shotgun. I also know a lot of other seasoned hunters who won't even try to hunt a turkey with a bow, because the birds are so skiddish. So good for you.

I'll take a look in my supplies later today and see if I can come up with any broadheads...unfortunately, I just buy 'BROADHEADS'...didn't know there were specific ones for turkey hunting, they all make the kill. How many grains do you need? I may have some 75 grain muzzys somewhere. Oh, and I'll hook you up with some arrow wraps just because you deserve it for keeping your cool with some of the responses you've gotten.

The hunting community I am a part of is a supportive group of people who are interested in encouraging "kids" (and I use that term in relation to my own age...not a kid anymore) to get out there and hunt.

Where do you live, I may be able to hook you up with a bow shop that will help you get ready.

email me at [email protected]

or PM me if you want.

thanks,

Mindy Hesterly

childers 03-19-2007 06:41 PM

i dont use sights i know where to place the arrow so it will make it hit right. ive gotten all my deer this way. and i recover all of them. and please dont spam in my threads anymore. thanks

i tried to pm you onestringer and your inbox is full. i guess ill take some cool wraps and some broadheads if they work good and are cheap and maybe calls or w/e maybe a blind w/e i can get cheap and quick