Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Archery Gear
 WTB or TRADE... 2 bows >

WTB or TRADE... 2 bows

Community
Archery Gear Bows, sights, rests, releases, quivers, cases, and more! Buy, sell, or trade all of your archery equipment here!

WTB or TRADE... 2 bows

Old 12-26-2006, 07:50 AM

Default RE: WTB or TRADE... 2 bows

SCAM ALERT. This is the same bow as in the pictures under user I.D (JAMIE26) Some guy got ripped off so do not send this guy money!

WARNING SCAM ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-26-2006, 01:41 PM

Wow. It is the same pic as JAMIE26 was posting. Good eye salty. I agree Scam Alert!
Old 12-27-2006, 07:07 AM

thebowmaster82
I work with the AF OSI quite a bit. I hate to see a fellow LEO's reputaion being ruined. PM me your bio and I can validate it for the guys here on the board and help straighten things out. What AF base are you assigned to now?
Old 12-27-2006, 07:28 AM

Here is the pic from Jaime26 post......... Something fishy is definitely going on here and the mods should close this down and delete your user I.D SCAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h144/crazy450/pics69002.jpg
Old 12-27-2006, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't know if this was a scam or not so I decided to play along, and ask a few questions, on this and in a email. Here is my email to him and bowmasters82 response back to me.
My email to him
"I seen you bow for sell or trade for two other bows in hunting net. What type of rest is on that SBXT.How much do you want for your set up? I don't have a problem with escrow, just so you know we have had quite a few scam artist on hunting netand several guyshave been taken for a lot of money. So that is why people are on edge and quick tojudge.I also admit it seems odd that you would want to sell one very very nice bow just so you can have two? But hey who am I to judge?Another questionwhat draw length comes on this bow?If you were going to trade, what two bows would you like totrade for."
[/align]
[/align]His response back to me.
[/align]"Here are some picures. And the reason for me getting rid of my bow is as follows: It came with 27" cams and that is to small for me. I need 28 to 29, it was listed wrong when I bought it. I am taking offers right now, I am looking for bows of similar value. I have only used Trykons/Switchbacks/and one Apex7... so yeah. I understand what you say about the scamming, I am a police officer in the Air Force. I am asking 700.00 for the setup, or a good trade. I do have plenty of pics. Thanks."
[/align]

Old 12-27-2006, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

First of all, if you were just wanting to sell it just because of a cam you would be losing money. It would be much cheaper just to have the cam switched out. I know because I work part time at a bow shop andhave doneit many times. Also,if you look at the bow that was postedat the beginning of thethread the quiver is a one piece detachable quiver. In the picture of the bow that was e-mailed to me the quiver is a 2-piece quiver. The arrows have completely different fletchings, and there are a four arrows in one and five arrows in the other. Not to mention that the question of what kind of rest was on the bow was never addressed. So I'll answer it for you all now, the one rest is a Rip Cord, the other rest is a Trophy Taker. Oh, and BTW, the peeps are different as well! [:'(][>:][:@]Two words and two words only need to be said here..... SCAM ARTIST!!!
Old 12-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

BTW, bowmaster, why the name Jeremy Wiggins in your profile and yet your e-mail is Jeremy Dong???? DING DONG!!! Oh, I just had a light bulb moment... their both aliases!!! [][:'(][>:]
Old 12-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great Job Idaho,and everyone,on picking up all of those details!! You should be a scamdetective!.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:09 PM

thanks guys, he's sent me lots of Pm's wanting to go thru escrow.com to sell my bow. it all sounded fishy to me.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:10 AM

newtothesport, is also thebowmaster82 i'm still getting pm's from him wanting to use escrow.. someone please bann this idiots ip address.

Quick Reply: WTB or TRADE... 2 bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.