Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Archery Gear
 POLL FOR ALL HUNTERS >

POLL FOR ALL HUNTERS

Archery Gear Bows, sights, rests, releases, quivers, cases, and more! Buy, sell, or trade all of your archery equipment here!

POLL FOR ALL HUNTERS

Old 03-13-2006, 02:06 PM

Default POLL FOR ALL HUNTERS

HELLO THIS NEW PRODUCT HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC AS OF YET,THIS NEW PRODUCT CALLED THE STEALTH SCENT DISK, IS A 4 INCH WIDE DAUL SIDED DISK WITH OPENING AND CLOSING SCENT PORTS, THE DISK CAN BE FILLED AT HOME WITH YOUR FAVORITE BUCKLURE, IT ALSO HAS A HANGER TO HANG THE DISK IN A TREE OR THE DISK CAN EASILY BE THROWN FROM YOUR TREESTAND OR GROUND BLIND,REDUCING HUMAN SCENT SPREAD AROUND YOUR HUNTING AREA. ITS VERY SMALL SO MORE THAN ONE DISK CAN EASILY BE CARRIED IN YOUR COAT POCKET AND THESE DISKS ARE LEAK PROOF,SO THERE IS NO NEED TO CARRY MESSY LEAKY SCENT BOTTLES IN YOUR HUNTING CLOTHES, AND THE ORANGE COLOR MAKES IT SIMPLE TO FIND AFTER DARK, JUST TWIST THE BUTTON AND THE SCENT PORTS OPEN , IT CANT LAND UPSIDE DOWN SCENCE ITS DUAL SIDED , NEVER WILL YOU GET IN YOUR TREESTAND AND FORGET TO PLACE YOUR SCENT,,, WITH THE SCENT DISK YOU CAN JUST TOSS THE DISK LIKE A FRISBEE,,THIS IS A POLL FOR HUNTERS,THIS DISK WILL BE SOLD IN THE 6 TO 9 DOLLAR PRICE RANGE, WOULD YOU AS A HUNTER BUY THIS DISK TO ADD TO YOUR HUNTING GEAR????

Attachment (1)

Old 03-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: POLL FOR ALL HUNTERS

I think I would

Old 03-13-2006, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im pretty sure that i would, im sick and tired of having everything drip in my pockets and climbing the tree and forgetting to put the scent where i want it.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Typical Buck

I guess I would have to see it in person, but it doesn't look like it is tight enough to hold the scent itself or the smell of it tight in the container. Looks like a good concept though.

As to your question, that is a bit spendy and I think I would still stick to a scent bomb.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Since it looks like you'refishing for some constructive criticism - I'll playsome devil's advocate.

Here are my real concerns about your toy. First, as you described it, there's no way to disassemble the housing to clean/replace the old disc. TIP: We like fresh scents - not stale buck pee from 3 weeks ago. Being able to clean the wafer isverymuch necessary.

In addition, there's no advantage to using that device over(cheaper) scent wicks (3/$2.99) or old tube socks or shredded ragsthat have been washed in scent-free soap (free) - which is what I use at this stage in the game.

Finally, it doesn't look like it will benecessarily air-tight when closed - which leads me to believe that if you really saturated the foam discinside, it may actually get a little sloppy around the port cover.

I've never had a problem with my scent bottles leaking - the lids screw on and stay on.

There are already about 9 million scent dispensers out there, and this one is no different than the others.

For a Stealth disc, it's not very stealthy, either. It's NEON ORANGE. If you wanted it to be easy to find after dark, you could have just made it camo, and stuck on a dot of reflective material - like those cat-eye glow tacks.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:39 PM
Typical Buck

It's just as easy and effective for me when I do use any scent to just spray some on some leaves, twigs, grass, etc...I don't need anything else to worry about losing or banging around making noise etc.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Depends on price
Old 03-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont use scents to often, but looks and sounds like a good idea...in theory. I would have to try it myself once.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

No I don't think so I'll just keep using cotton balls or toilet paper works just fine for me. Just being honest Mike
Old 03-13-2006, 04:28 PM

Scent doesn't work for the time of year I hunt deer (deer not in rut). If I was to usescent, that looks like a great product. I would want mine in some form of camo, not orange. I don't want other hunters seeing where my hot spots are.

Quick Reply: POLL FOR ALL HUNTERS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.